chapter twenty-one

After practice, I went to Jax's house to tutor him

After practice, I went to Jax's house to tutor him. I was debating with myself whether I should delete Rex's contact or leave it.

I reached Jax's house and got out of my car. I ring his doorbell and waited for him to open it.

He opens it revealing his shirtless handsome self. Who I'm upset with but I shouldn't be because telling the school Journey is his daughter is his choice. So I know I'm in the wrong but I can't help it to be upset.

"Hey, you." He spoke and move to the side so I could come in.

"Hey," I mumbled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired."

"We could do this tomorrow."

"You have a big test tomorrow."

"Oh right. Okay, I'll try to make this quick so you could get some rest." He smiles and I smiled back.

I went into his room and we got straight to studying. Well, me helping him study.

All I could think about what how easy it was for him to call Journey his sister.

Like I said I know I'm in the wrong but I couldn't help it.

When he is done I packed up my things quickly and headed downstairs.

"You're not gonna say bye to Journey."

"She's sleeping," I whispered looking down.

"Since when has that stopped you." I rolled my eyes knowing that he is right. I went into her room and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight baby. Sleep tight." I closed the door gently. I turned around and bumped into Jax.

"What's wrong? Are you trying to avoid me? Did I do something wrong?" He asks.

"No." I tried to move but he blocks with his arms.

"Tell me. I'm not letting you go until you do."

"Was it easy to tell everyone Journey was your sister?" I asked and looked into his eyes.

His eyes harden. I know I made him upset but I couldn't help myself.

"No, is that what you've been doing all day? Just thinking about that?"

"Maybe."

"Listen I will tell them when I'm ready. This was a bad idea." He mumbles the second part.

"What was a bad idea?"

"Trusting you." He spats.

"I didn't tell anyone!"

"No, but you'll tell soon. That's how you girls always are."

"I wouldn't. I could never do that to you or her."