two

donghyuck raised his eyebrows, "you do? how come you didn't try out for the basketball team then?"

mark panicked because he didn't think his far ahead, "uhm well my mom figured that i should take a break this year since i'm a senior and should start getting serious about my studies."

donghyuck nodded and nudged mark lightly. which made mark completely shut down because all he could think was 'lee donghyuck made physical contact with me'.

donghyuck waved a hand in front of his face, "mark?"

mark snapped out of his daze, "uhm well as i was saying i used to be really good but i got rusty after i stopped playing."

donghyuck nodded and handed mark the basketball that rested beside him, "why don't you go shoot?"

mark panicked, 'shit why did i say that? now he's going to know i'm faking it.'

mark stood up and felt his friend's eyes on him so he turned back to look at jeno for reassurance. and when his eyes met with jeno he could clearly see jeno laughing at him. mark rolled his eyes, 'so much for reassurance.'

mark didn't even dribble the ball and just walked to the half court line.

donghyuck raised his eyebrows as he walked over to the basketball hoop and leaned against the pole, "you're that good?"

mark shook his head, "ah no! it's just i do this because uhm..."

jeno cut in to save mark, thankfully, "he's honoring a teammate that taught mark everything he knows. they'd always meet at the half court line and then travel to the free throw line."

mark nodded vigorously, "thank you jeno-ah. sometimes i get choked up thinking of it."

donghyuck didn't say anything and just looked at mark expectantly.

mark gulped as he slowly made his way over to the free throw line. he stiffly dribbled the basketball and then attempted to throw the basketball in the basket.

hyuck winced as he felt something hit his head, "ouch."

mark rushed over to donghyuck, "i'm so sorry! i didn't notice that you moved under the hoop."

donghyuck's placed his hand on top of his head and shot mark a pained smile, "don't worry about it."

mark stormed into his room and groaned, "SHIT!"

jeno was quick to follow him and once he made it to mark he closed the door behind him gently, "that was completely and utterly your fault."

mark frowned and threw himself onto his bed, "why did we go to the park again?"

"to go get your mind off your essay."

mark frowned and ran his finger through his brown hair, "fuck that essay. i need to learn to play basketball in three weeks and some how make it look like i've been doing that my whole life."

laughter bubbled throughout jeno, "i'm sorry but can we talk about how you literally hit donghyuck in the head?"

mark glared at jeno, "no we can't. and can you stop laughing? it's making me feel horrible about what happened."

"b-but isn't hitting your c-crush in the head with a basketball i-ideal?" jeno said with a wheeze in between every two or three words.

mark forced a smile on his lips and gripped the color of jeno's shirt. he pulled jeno close to his face and lowly whispered, "you're going to help me fix this mess."