[18]

Diana had been put in charge of watching Murphy and cleaning him up, to which they both strongly argued against but both Bellamy and Clarke had made their desicion

Diana had been put in charge of watching Murphy and cleaning him up, to which they both strongly argued against but both Bellamy and Clarke had made their desicion. So there the girl was, wiping away at the layers of dirt and blood that caked John Murphy's face. "So, you really told the grounders everything?" Diana questioned, beginning to finally see some clean skin on the boy's beaten face. Murphy didn't answer, his blue eyes cast on the floor of the dropship. "Oh, wow. That was a really interesting story, I'll have to come back for another one sometime soon."

Murphy wanted to crack a smile at Diana's sarcasm but he just didn't have the energy. "I was hung, Kane. Then banished, thrown to the Grounders. Then I got tortured by them-" He was cut off by his coughing and getting blood on Diana's face.

"Shit!" Diana shouted wiping her face quickly. "Dammit Murphy!" She felt like she couldn't see like his blood would never come off, Diana ended up punching the wall worsening her already messed up hand. "Son of a bitch!" She held her wrist, biting her lip harshly to keep from whimpering. Diana looked back at Murphy as he continued to cough up blood. "Hey, no. You don't get die!" The brunette began patting Murphy's back as one would burp a baby.

Multiple pairs of footsteps were heard from behind. "Diana get away from him." Isaac ordered, his bestfriend turned around looking at him confused. When he noticed the blood speckled across her face, Isaac was quick to pull her away from the sick boy in the corner. "How the fuck did this get all over your face?" His thumb swiped at a spot of blood but it only smeared above her eyebrow.

Diana swatted away at Isaac's hand. "What's going on?" She questioned, turning toward Clarke.  Clarke looked up and saw the blood as well. She shook her head looking back at Murphy. "Hey, did you go deaf over there or something?"

"Murphy, hey, look at me." Clarke told him gently and he lifted his head. "I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?" She asked, Murphy mouth was ajar, blood still dripping from his lips before he answered.

"I don't know." He muttered honestly. "I woke up, they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there so I took off." Murphy explained, Diana shook her head as the peices fell together.

Isaac's brows furrowed as he stepped closer to Clarke. "So they just let him go?" He looked between both girls who nodded.

Bellamy entered the dropship, a wild look in his eyes. "Bellamy stay back." Clarke said, Diana already had him by the arm as he tried to pass her.

Bellamy glanced down at her hand so she let go of him. "Did he do something to you guys." He asked Diana and Clarke. They shook their heads in response. "What the hell is this?" He demanded looking at Connor and the other boy, Derek, that Isaac helped Clarke bring in.

Before the blonde girl could answer Diana turned to face the wall as she began coughing into her hand. Pulling it back she saw a small puddle of blood in her palm. "Shit." A hand landed on her back, she saw Isaac with a worried expression on his face. "I'm fine." Diana breathed out wiping her hand on her pants. "Go, wash your hands." Her eyes closed as he left, she sank to her knees.

"-This is it. Murphy is the weapon." Clarke finished, the first part Diana didn't hear but she still decided to make a comment.

Diana lifted her head weakly. "Told you we should of killed him." Everyone looked toward her trying to suppress smiles and laughs.

"Is this your revenge, helping the grounders kill us?" Bellamy snapped at Murphy after seeing how bad of a state Diana was quickly getting to.

He shook his head. "I didn't know about this okay? I swear." Diana wiped her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Stop lying." Bellamy demanded stepping up. "When are they coming?" Murphy's face remained passive as he looked at the older male he didn't say anything.

Clarke grabbed his attention by speaking. "Murphy, think alright? What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?" She questioned, her eyes flickering to Diana before Murphy answered.

"They're vicious." He spat. "Cruel." His voice harsh, laced with a hate that rolled thick off his tounge.

Bellamy's face twitched. "You want to see vicious?" He threatened, moving toward Murphy before Clarke stopped him.

"Hey, don't." She shook her head looking between the boys. "Whatever this is, it spreads through contact." Clarke explained.

Diana chuckled lowly looking toward the blonde. "And you left me to clean the bastard up." Clarke sighed and was about to say something but Finn entered the dropship.

"Clarke?" He called as before his eyes landed on her.

She looked up toward him. "Finn you shouldn't be in here. No one should." Clarke ordered.

Finn's brows furrowed. "I heard you were sick." He said looking at the weakened people around him. "Clarke, What is this?"

"I don't know, some kind of hemorrhagic fever. We just need to contain it before-" Her explanation was cut off by Derek's retching until he fell over, taken by unconsciousness. Diana's eyes widened as she sat up staring at the boy.

Her head was shaking lightly from side to side. "Is.." Diana's breath caught in her throat for a second before she choked out the question she wasn't even sure she wanted to know the answer to. "Is he dead?" Clarke was quick to check for a pulse after ordering Finn to clean his hands after touching her.

"He's dead." She told them.

Diana stood up weakly ready to throw up, but not because she was sick. "I- I don't want to die. I can't die." She looked over to Isaac who was already looking at her. "I promised her I'd do better. I can't die." Isaac knew that Diana was talking about her mother.

Isaac shook his head and turned to Clarke. "What do we do?" He asked. Their eyes met and she sucked in a breath.

"Quarantine. Round up everybody who had contact with Murphy." She tasked, Finn left to do so although he wasn't the one Clarke was talking to.

"And everyone they had contact with?" Bellamy countered, he had a point.

Clarke was overwhelmed by now. "Well we have to start somewhere." She crouched down next to the other boy who was carried in. "Connor, who was with you when you found him? Who carried him in? Think." She told him.

Connor lifted his head and spoke quietly but Diana heard it loud and clear. "Octavia was the first one there."

When Diana heard Octavia's name, she thought maybe she was going crazy, maybe that she had only imagined the name of who she wanted next to her. But when Bellamy's head shot up, eyes wide with panic, he was out of the dropship within seconds. Diana wanted nothing more than to follow her paramour's brother and make sure she was okay.

Isaac saw the conflict on his bestfriend's face and followed after Bellamy. Diana's fingers curled into a loose fist, wondering what she had done to deserve her crumbling life.

__

ayee. guess who FINALLY fucking updated?
me! that's who.
also what the hell? this book is over 6k reads like what? how?
but thank you all so much for the support!!
i appreciate all of you fine specimans. <3