Chapter 9

Harry strolled into class the following Monday in light washed skinny jeans and teal sweater with a pair of black combat boots. He always showed up early to say hi to Louis. Although, this time was different, since they could only be friends and nothing more. 

"Hey," Harry said with a smile. Louis smiled at the younger boy after looking up from the papers that he was grading.

"Hi Harry," Harry looked at Louis' outfit, pleased with the lilac tie he went with today. It Harry knew that just being Louis' student or friend was going to be difficult. Because when Louis looked like this, Harry found it impossible to not kiss him right then and there. 

"You look nice today," Harry said with a smile. "I like the tie," 

"You look quite nice today, too," Louis kept reminding himself to 'look and not touch'. "You know, you don't have to wait for me. I mean, if you want to you can, but in the mean time, you should date other people. You know, in the school that are your age," Harry snorted, tucking a strand of his longish hair behind his ear.

"You just watched me break up with my boyfriend to be with you. Plus, all of the other guys who go here are mainly straight and are assholes," 

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but I'm just saying. I just don't want you to feel like you have to wait for me. You're free to do what you want while the end of the school year nears," Harry gave a gentle, sweet kiss to Louis' cheek, smiling sweetly at him before going to sit down right before kids started filing into the room, taking their seats. Harry of course loved talking to Louis and vise versa, so Harry took out his phone and texted the man. 

To Louis: Hi, friend 

Harry and Louis made eye contact after Louis received the message, a smile on both of their faces. No one noticed their interaction, so that was good because no one would question why they were smiling and looking back and forth from their phones and back to each other. 

To Harry: Hi, friend :) 

To Louis: We should go hang out this weekend. You know, as friends

When Harry looked at Louis, Louis looked back and sighed, shaking his head. Harry's face fell a little bit. Louis went back to his phone, 

To Harry: I'd love to, Harry. But, even that's not allowed. Imagine if we got caught? I know we said we'd have to stay friends, but in reality, we're supposed to just have a student/teacher relationship. That's it. I hate it too, trust me. I want to be more with you, but we can't. I can't risk my job and life

To Louis: I know, it just sucks 

To Harry: Yeah, it does, but we'll get through it! I have hope

To Louis: Me too :)

The bell to leave homeroom and to go to first period rang, and Harry waited until everyone was out before going up to Louis. 

"I'll see you later... friend," He said with a genuine smile before walking out and heading to his first class of the day. 

Lunch came around agonizingly slow. All Harry wanted to do was go eat with Louis, so once lunch did finally arrive, he got his food and made his way towards Louis' room where he was focusing on what looked like a really important conversation with the rest of the English department. Feeling disappointed, Harry weakly smiled and turned around, heading back to eat alone in the cafeteria. He hasn't eaten by himself in a while since he always went to Louis' room. 

Harry felt somebody standing behind him, so he sucked in a deep breath knowing who it was. A huge frown was plastered on his face when his suspicions were proven as Jacob grabbed his apple, taking a huge bite out of it, and keeping it from Harry. Jason was there too with their other friends. He just stood there watching while the others teased him and made him feel worthless, as usual.