eleven

xi

xi. let's burn this bitch

❤︎

THE SOUND of tires screeching against the road sounded throughout Billy's blue Camaro. In the driver's seat sat Olivia Clarke, an inexperienced and highly illegal driving candidate.

"Keep going straight," Lucas spoke from the passenger's seat, a large map unfolded in front of him. They were headed towards the pumpkin patch Hopper had used to dig into one of the tunnels, and so far, the drive was rough.

"You got it, kid," she mumbled in response, her foot pressed to the gas. She had no clue what she was doing. When she had told the kids they were leaving, she was high on adrenaline. Now, she was a terrified mess who had no idea how to drive.

In the backseat, Dustin and Mike sat on either side of an unconscious Steve, while Max sat on the floor behind the passenger's seat. Steve's face was severely messed up; both of his eyes were swollen, his lips were busted open in multiple different places, and blood was seeping from all different knicks and cuts all over his face.

"Are you sure you don't know how to drive?" Max asked.

"Ok, take a left," Lucas spoke. Olivia swerved to the left, causing Max to slam her head against the car door.

"Ok, I see." she groaned, rubbing her head. Suddenly, Steve's eyes began to flutter open. He gazed around, his vision blurry.

"Nancy?" he mumbled, looking at Mike. Mike, holding a can of gasoline, crinkled his eyebrows at the comment.

"Is that Steve? Is he awake?" Olivia asked, turning her head to the backseat.

"Eyes on the road!" Lucas shrieked, causing her to look ahead of her once more. Steve groaned and reached for his nose, but Dustin quickly stopped him.

"No, don't touch it." he soothed quietly.

"Hey, buddy." he smiled as Steve looked at him, "Shh, shh. It's ok, you put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a good fight. You're ok."

"Ok, keep straight for half a mile, then make another left on Mount Sinai." Lucas directed.

"What's going on?" Steve asked, looking to Olivia.

"Oh, oh, okay." he sighed in relief, "She can...she can drive."

"No, she can't." Mike scoffed.

"What?" Steve muttered once more.

"She can't drive for shit, she failed her test." he continued.

"Mike, shut up!" Dustin exclaimed.

"It's the truth!" Mike yelled.

"Don't make me come back there!" Olivia shouted, looking back at the kids. Her handlebar laid on her lap as she refused to part with the item.