16

We celebrated our win at the Hospital Wing since Madam Pomfrey would not let Draco and I leave for the rest of the day

We celebrated our win at the Hospital Wing since Madam Pomfrey would not let Draco and I leave for the rest of the day. I had an earful from the Mediwitch about playing with an injured arm.

"A few more minutes and you would have lost this arm." She reprimanded with a huff.

The other good thing about being here was Potter who was a few beds away from us. Professor Lockhart did a vanishing trick on his forearm. Let's just say he had a grueling night of bone growing ahead of him. Draco gloated for hours on end about winning even if Potter caught the snitch.

We were happily visited by the team and our friends. I was showered with bouquets of flowers and sweets from everyone.

Marcus was still angry at Angelina Johnson. He promises to have a bludger sent her way the next time. "If you haven't shot that last score, we would have lost."

"But we won." I say happily trying to boost our team.

"Hopefully by the next game, you and Draco will be out of the Hospital Wing." Graham says from beside Marcus.

"Healed or not. They'll play." Marcus tells Graham with a flick of his hand like it was obvious.

Once we were alone, Draco smiles. "Kally."

"Yes, Draco?" I was sleepy after taking many potions to heal my arm.

There was a long pause and for a moment I thought he fell asleep. "We did it."

"We." I say turning towards my best friend. "That's how it's supposed to be. The two of us."

Draco nods vigorously. "Of course. Always the two of us. No one else. If anything happens to you- I'll lose it. I know I will."

"Nothing will happen. It's the two of us. A match set." I assure reaching for his hand.

"United and devoted." He takes it and squeezes.

When Draco and I were finally allowed to leave -hand in hand- the Hospital Wing, we were greeted by a petrified muggle born.

I screamed so loud Madam Pomfrey came out of the Hospital Wing. Draco held me close taking us away from the body.

-

With a petrified student, a dueling club was created. It was exciting because we never got to try any of the spells we learned in DADA. Not that we learn anything from our Professors.

We make it to the dueling club and groan at the sight of Professor Lockhart.

"I didn't know this git was heading the club." Draco said looking exasperated.

"Maybe it won't be so bad." I say pointing to Professor Snape who looked like didn't want to be here.

Lockhart gathered everyone and started discussing rules. Professor Snape rolled his eyes by the end of it all. Lockhart then continues his idiocy by challenging Professor Snape to a duel to demonstrate the rules.