20

At the platform, Severus stood with me my hand on his arm

At the platform, Severus stood with me my hand on his arm. We had quite an audience. The entirety of the wizarding world knows of the death of Kal Emrys. Severus eyed everyone that looked with distain.

He walks with me to the steps of the train and waves goodbye before apparating away to Hogsmeade.

Without Severus' look of pure loathing towards the students, they all started to ogle and whisper amongst themselves. The crowd parts the moment I walk past my heels clicking. I force my chin up and flip my hair. I would not be bothered by these people.

Someone grabs my hand and I immediately reach for my wand turning to face whoever had the courage to touch me.

It was Potter.

He looked at me with- not pity but understanding in his eyes. We were the same now. No one but our godfather. Granted, Sirius Black was a convicted mass murderer. "Kally, I'm sorry."

Everyone stopped to watch the exchange and my throat goes dry. "Thank you." I say after awhile pulling my hand away from him.

"If there's anything I can do-" Potter doesn't get to finish what he was saying before getting shoved out of the way by an angry looking Draco.

Draco grew taller through the summer. Taller and muscular- more handsome than I'd ever care to admit. "Get out of my way, Potter."

Draco wraps an arm around my shoulder and takes me to an empty compartment. I watch Greg and Vince slam their shoulders against Potter toppling him over.

I felt bad. Weasley, I wouldn't have minded but Potter was actually decent.

My friends and I were discussing the latest gossip on all things pure blood like how Pansy Parkinson arrived at the platform looking like a lady of the night. Apparently, Narcissa Malfoy was beside herself trying to refrain from uttering something very unladylike.

"It's tasteless." Draco said looking uninterested and bored at the mention of Parkinson.

All of the sudden, the train stops and the lights go out. "What's going on?" Daphne asks a hint of panic in her voice as she sticks close to Theo.

Draco who was leaning back on his seat, sat up straighter. I reach for the hand on his lap and he squeezes it reassuringly.

Panic was starting to rise, when the lights suddenly go back on and the train starts to move again.

-

I stayed quiet the entire feast. People couldn't stop looking and Pansy couldn't help herself from touching Draco even if she was sitting far away and had to reach for him over Greg.

I've changed over the summer. I was more fit than I was last year from all the flying and crying I did but I was a little taller too with surprisingly enough- curves. Blaise's mum screamed in delight when she first saw them. She sent hordes of owls my way carrying French and Italian brands.

Draco was acting odd. He stuck close- closer than he usually did. He always has his arms wrapped around my shoulders or holding my hands. What's the more, he now attacks any boy that gets too close.

Surprisingly, I felt the same possessiveness that he felt. Like now that Pansy Parkinson is trying her hardest to grab his attention by lowering the front of her robes, I was prepared to hex her to the point of no return. It wasn't just Parkinson. After the summer, Draco's grown to be the rich nobleman he is and is grabbing everyone's attention. He's constantly the talk of the girls bathroom much to my distain.

"Merlin, Pansy! Keep your hands to yourself, you tramp." Daphne growled at my side glaring at Pansy who was so desperately trying to get Draco's attention.

Draco's attention however was with Potter. He kept tormenting him about fainting when the lights went out in the train. The entire Slytherin table was laughing and pointing.

Theo groans when he sees the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. "Salazar's spit- look at him. He looks like Greg stole all his food for the past year."

-

At breakfast the next day, Parkinson was starting to get on my nerves. She pushed Vince aside and sat beside Draco.

She was fawning over him, fluttering her eyelashes and gripping his arm. Draco kept grunting in frustration pulling his arm away. "Do you mind?!"

His demands fell on deaf ears because Pansy Parkinson just pushed her breasts on his arm even more. Draco looked beyond uncomfortable.

"Would you stop?" I snap at Parkinson standing up from my seat and pushing my breakfast aside. "Your desperation is putting me off my meal."

Parkinson stood up as well eyes narrow and angry. "What are you going to do about it? Tell your grandfather? Oh- he's dead."

Something terrible came over me because the next thing I know Parkinson was off the ground and dangling in midair for all to see. She was shrieking like a mad woman.

I gripped my wand so tight I was afraid it would snap in two. My eyes flashing I cast another spell this time it sewed her lips together.

"Miss Emrys!" Professor Flitwick squeaked from the head table.

I didn't even know tears were falling down my cheeks until Draco started wiping at them with his silk pocket square. Daphne and Theo were busy explaining to Professor Flitwick what happened but I didn't let go of my hold on Parkinson who was starting to turn purple. Blaise was laughing and cheering for me while Greg and Vince pushed away anyone that tried to help Parkinson.

"Kally, love," Draco whispers touching my wand arm. It effectively brings me back, my anger subsiding.

I release the spell that held her upside down not bothering to soften her fall. "Mark my words, Parkinson. Next time you mention my grandfather I won't be so kind."

Fear fills Parkinson's eyes. I don't remove the spell that sew her lips together.

I take a step forward leaning down but not whispering. "Maybe you'll even join my grandfather six feet under."