Chapter 27

Caitlyn's POV:

I haven't spoken to Luke for a week. When we see each other at school, we just walk past each other without a word. 'Whatever you want it to be, Caitlyn.' But what did I want? I obviously felt something towards Luke, but do I really want something to happen between us? He's made my life hell, and I can't believe that I'm even falling for him.

People always say that someone will only ever bully someone if they like them, but I don't understand that. If they really liked them, they wouldn't want to see them hurt. They wouldn't want to see them struggling, they wouldn't want to see them upset and crying. If they really liked them they would be the ones to stop that, but he's the one who started it all. In my opinion, the whole 'bullies bully people who they like' idea is complete bullshit.

I can't help thinking about Luke though. Not talking to him for the past week has been hard. I went home that day thinking. I spent every day after that thinking. Did I really want anything to happen? How do I know that he won't just hurt me the minute that I let him in? I don't think that I could trust him. Kissing Luke was really great. It made me feel so many things all at once, but there was that one nagging feeling at the back of my mind telling me that it was wrong, that I shouldn't be doing it.

I ignored it. Surely ignoring that little thought means that I like him. I know I like him, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't. I just don't know if I want anything to happen with us.

Over thinking things, I pulled on an oversized hoodie with a pair of leggings. Keeping it simple, I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and put on a small amount of makeup. Another day of school, trying to avoid Luke. It seems like we see each other even more now that we're not talking. It was getting quite late, and I found myself running to catch the bus. I got there just in time, showing the driver my ticket and then going to sit down.

The whole bus journey, I zoned out. I didn't really think anything; I just stared out the window. The bus stopped at the traffic lights and I continued to stare out of the window. I saw a boy in my year from my school knocking on the front door of a house. The door opened and a girl from my school who was also in my year walked out the door, closing it behind her. She smiled brightly at the boy and stood on her toes slightly, still smiling as she looked up at him. He pressed his lips to hers briefly before they pulled apart. He took her hand and they started walking. I sighed. Maybe I do want something to happen with Luke.

When I finally got off of the bus, I put my hands into the sleeves of my hoodie. With my head down slightly, I walked quickly to school. As I got closer to the school gates, I could already hear Calum talking. Luke was obviously going to be there. I sped up, ignoring their calls and laughter. I didn't hear anything from Luke though.

I quickly went into school, happy that it was warmer in here than outside. I have maths first lesson today, so I went straight there. I leant against the wall, looking straight ahead at the lockers in front of me. So many times I'd been pushed against those lockers, most of those times by Luke. Why do I even like him? 

More people started crowding in the halls. I watched people as they walked past me, all in groups of people laughing and having fun. My eyes caught the same couple from earlier. My gaze followed them as they happily walked along. I sighed again, leaning into the wall more. I can't wait until I leave school and all of the drama that comes with it.

___________________________

The day dragged by and it was still only just lunch. I walked across the field, sitting under the tree. After me and Ashton sat here, I come here all the time at lunch. Luke, Michael and Calum never come here anymore. I don't see Ashton that much anymore. It's just me. Not that I mind that much, I'm used to being alone so much that I kind of prefer it to being with other people. My eyes fluttered closed, my back against the tree.