26

I've broken another bone

A few bones actually.

"You should have kicked him off!" Marcus roars loudly stomping and pacing around my Hospital bed.

"Incompetent, irrational and an utter disregard for self preservation." My god father was currently listing off my faults for everyone to hear.

Marcus sneered looking down my bed. "What did I tell you before the match? I told you to kick the puppy!"

"He did tell you that." Graham whispered. He was leaning on the wall arms crossed not looking pleased with me.

Draco remained quiet sitting on the seat next to my bed. He was still in his Quidditch robes and dripping wet but he refused to leave my side to change.

"I still cannot comprehend what possessed you to let that dunderhead latch on to you." Severus continues, glaring at the offending Hufflepuff Keeper who was still out cold in the bed across from mine.

Marcus breathes out in frustration. "Look at your arm! Look at that priceless arm that has won us matches! It looks like a werewolf took a bite and didn't like the taste of you."

My arm did look mangled. The Hufflepuff Keeper dug his nails in so deep I had big looking claw marks from my shoulder all the way down to my hands. Thankfully, I didn't lose Draco's bracelet.

"You better pray to Merlin and Salazar that arm heals." Marcus threatens leaning down the bed to glare closer his breath fanning my face.

"You, foolish, foolish girl." Severus mutters.

"Professor Snape! Marcus Flint! Stop harassing my patient." Madam Pomfrey hurries to my side and pushes away Marcus from my face. "Did your mother not teach you bedside manners, Marcus Flint?"

"Bedside manners are for intellectuals! Which you aren't, Emrys. If that arm was any indication." Marcus mutters refusing to move away from my bed. "Are you praying? You better be praying."

"That's quite enough, Mr. Flint. I have bones to heal." Madam Pomfrey says with a huff like my bones were an inconvenience for her.

Professor Snape scoffs. "Bones to heal. Your grandfather would be immensely proud."

"I don't see you praying Emrys!" Marcus yells being ushered out by an apologetic looking Adrian and Graham.

My godfather sends one last withering glare to the Hufflepuff Keeper and turns away slamming the Hospital Wing's door close.

Madam Pomfrey then starts working on my arm whispering incantations and forcing horrid tasting potion down my mouth. She didn't allow any of my friends in, only my teammates. I was surprised she didn't send Draco away- then again he was too quiet and unmoving you would forget he was even there.

Once my claw marks started to disappear, Madam Pomfrey huffs and starts fixing the Hufflepuff Keeper. I turn to Draco and he's already staring with an emotionless expression.

I reach for him with my good arm and he closes his eyes. "Are you angry as well?"

"Livid." Was Draco's simple reply but he squeezes my hand interlacing our fingers.

"I couldn't just let him fall. It was all so fast."

He remains quiet.

"Speak to me, please." I beg pulling on his arm trying to get his attention.

Draco closes his eyes looking tired. "I just want you safe, Kally. I promised your grandfather."

"Is it just because of the promise?" I ask looking at his stormy grey eyes.

Draco pauses his eyes going to my wrist where his bracelet was and shakes his head. "No. That's only a small part."

-

Following the orders of our beloved Captain, I was in bed rest until my arm and leg completely healed.

My housemates showered my Hospital bed with mounds of candy and flowers. Daphne and Theo would come visit with fashion magazines and the latest gossip. Blaise would follow them with brand new Italian clothing- gifts again from his mum. Greg and Vince would come after Blaise with hot cocoa fresh from the kitchens. Both of them would talk endlessly about how they would do better on our next game.

Even my godfather would come visit, albeit he would always be in a nasty mood when he saw my healing leg and my mangled arm.

Finally, Draco, who never leaves my side. He even cuts class at some point not that he really needs to go. I don't think I've ever given Draco enough credit for how smart he is. Top of our class in Slytherin. Too smart for his own good. If he made any actual effort, he would easily beat Granger in the standings.

"Our Ravenclaw game is next week." Draco starts not looking up from the thick book he's brought for today. He pushes another box of sweets my way curtesy of Narcissa Malfoy.

I take it munching on the imported candy.

"Davies and Chang are hoping you're not well enough to play by then."

We both share a smirk knowing that by next week, my arm would be ready to do the Slytherin special rib jab.

-

I wore Draco's sling for the next few days after being released from the Hospital Wing. I didn't need it but we decided to play mind games with our intellectual Ravenclaw friends.

It seems that we did fool our witty schoolmates because at breakfast they kept grinning happily staring at my arm on a sling with wicked pleasure on their faces.

One Ravenclaw Chaser cackles loudly. "Slytherin is nothing without their precious Princess Chaser."

"She's not well enough. We've got this." Chang whispers rather loudly to Davies who sat beside her. They touched fists and I roll my eyes.

"Do me a favor and kick that puppy." Marcus mutters from the head of the Slytherin table.

I smile charmingly. "Gladly."

"She's more of a mongrel if you ask me." Daphne chimes in taking a bite of her strawberry.

We decimated them on that game.

The look on Cho Chang's face when she saw my figure fly out of the Slytherin locker room will forever be burned in my mind. 

-

DADA was a surprise because instead of Professor Lupin, my Godfather was teaching and compared to any of our other Professors, Severus taught both practical and theoretical concepts of Defense. I've already learned so much in my first few minutes in class.

Daphne leans close to my ear. "I wish Snape was our DADA Professor instead of that starved man."

"Of course, you do." Potter snaps angrily from his table with Weasley.

Daphne's eyes narrow and then smirks lifting her hand up grabbing our Head of House's attention. "Professor Snape, Potter is whispering about cursing me. I feel unsafe."

"Ten points from Gryffindor, Potter."