29

The Gryffindor versus Slytherin match was fast approaching and the rivalry between the two houses was becoming toxic

Hallways were unsafe and Players were constantly targeted. Already, Adrian Pucey was sent to the Hospital Wing twice this week. It wasn't just the Slytherins, just this morning Potter was sent to the Hospital Wing covered in boils.

I might loath Weasley but Potter was almost pleasant with me. I had no quarrel with him and seeing him being rushed to the Hospital Wing made me feel bad.

It wasn't like I was any safer. A lot of older Gryffindors have tried sending hexes my way. Tried. My swift protego have saved me constantly these past few weeks.

It also helped that Draco- lord, god and savior of the Slytherins- ordered everyone to watch my back. I'm never alone.

Greg and Vince were quickly becoming my close companions and bodyguards. No one seemed to want to come close with them near.

Finally, it's the day of the big match. The hum of my excited beating heart is calming. Draco is unusually quiet at my side. He was trying to swallow a piece of toast.

Marcus already briefed us on the strategy for today's match. The target is Harry Potter. All bludgers must be on him at all costs. My job is to make sure we're leading by 150 points for the entire duration of the game. We had to play hardball at the very start of the match.

Our defense had to be just as good as our offense. If the three Chasers fail to punch the ball out, Pucey had to be ready.

I hold my breath when Marcus calls for us to go to the pitch. Draco looked calm and collected but I knew him better than anyone. I reach for his hand and squeeze.

He closes his eyes takes deep breaths and smiles. "Let's win this."

-

"Alright, idiots." Marcus says firmly but his eyes were wavering. This was his last match with us. "I know I usually give threats before a match but- it's our last game together and it's been mad fun."

I could feel my throat drying.

"I do appreciate all of you- especially our little Princess." He smirks teasingly giving me a playful shove. "For the very last time, I want you to remember that Slytherins play to win and we win through the blood, sweat and tears of our enemies."

I hiccuped.

"Are you-? Merlin above, Kally, do not cry. Not yet!" It was the first time Marcus said my nickname.

-

I watch our Captain try to crush Oliver Wood's hand for the very last time with equal parts amusement and sadness. I grip my broom with determination.

I have to win this for him.

We have to win this for him.

"The quaffle is released and the games begin!"

The moment Madam Hooch throws the quaffle up, I abandon my initial nervousness and dive for the ball.

Angelica Johnson and Alicia Spinnet both get an elbow in on my chest but I shove them off managing to swipe at Johnson's face with my hand.

"Emrys who will be training with the Irish National Team as a Chaser this summer throws the quaffle to Flint who kicks at Katie Bell- that should be a foul, Madam Hooch! Flint to Montague- back to Flint- to Emrys, score!"

I dive for Spinnet who has the ball, punching the quaffle from her hands to Graham who passes it back to me.

"Another score for Emrys!" The screams are deafening.

Johnson has the quaffle now and she wastes no time racing to the other side towards Adrian Pucey. Marcus catches my eye and I nod taking the right side of Johnson pushing her to Marcus who's on the other side.

He smirks pressing her even closer until she drops the quaffle to an awaiting Graham. I make a hard turn, barrel rolling away from the other two Gryffindor Chasers and catch the quaffle from Graham.

I rush to the goal and Oliver Wood is already watching my moves closely. Winking at Wood, I twist away from the goal confusing him and score from behind hoops.

He groans loudly.

"Bell with the quaffle, to Johnson back to Bell-no! Marcus Flint intercepts the quaffle- back to Emrys and another goal for Slytherin."

I push myself making goal after goal after goal. Already, Wood has taken a bludger to the shoulder but he still wouldn't let his post go. It's admirable if he wasn't playing against me.

We were leading by 90 points now but it still wasn't enough if Harry Potter catches the snitch.

"Emrys has the quaffle and does her famous acrobatic flying- if only she were in Gryffindor- ow! Professor McGonagall!" The announcer protests.

Marcus blocks Wood from one of the hoops and with all my strength I take another straight shot scoring Slytherin another ten points.

The match started to get dirtier and dirtier. Both sides were breaking as many rules as possible. At one point, Johnson had grabbed the tail end of my broom while Spinnet dug her elbow on my chest. I almost fell off if Marcus hadn't come to my aid and slam his shoulder on Spinnet's face.

I've abandoned my morals at one point taking a dig at Bell who was trying to block my shot by locking her Cleansweep on my broom.

"Draco Malfoy has spotted the snitch!" The announcer says excitedly. I whirl around accidentally elbowing Johnson on the rib to watch Draco a centimeter away from the snitch before it was intercepted by Harry Potter. "Harry Potter caught the snitch!"

My heart was beating so loudly my ears were ringing. How many points were we? I lost count. Did I make it to a 150 lead?

"SLYTHERIN WINS!"

I let out a happy sob as Marcus flies to my side immediately and takes my body into a bone crushing hug. Never mind that we were midair and would fall if we lost balance. We won.

Graham joins us and so does Adrian, Greg and Vince. Draco races to our side all hovering in midair and laugh as we hug. "You did it, love. You did it."

"No. We did it."

-

The celebration went on for the rest of the night. There was butterbeer and firewhiskey. Loud music and booming laughter filled our common room.

Marcus for the very first time in three years was grinning from ear to ear with no threats coming out from his mouth.

"You are absolutely glorious, Kally." He says drunkenly sitting beside Draco and I on the couch.

-

The year end examinations were a blur of headaches and hand cramps. By the time it was over, Draco was top of the Slytherin class yet again. I took the second place followed my Theo like every year.

"Would you come and visit in Ireland?" I ask Draco while waiting at platform for our godfather.

He grins devilishly. "No. It's my first summer without you. I might join Blaise and find-"

I hit him, hard.

"I was only joking!" He roars grasping his side. "Merlin, for someone so small you hit like a mountain troll."