Chapter 1: Frozen In Time

The first quarter of this chapter is an Enji x Reader so PLEASE be patient and read through it. If you read the description for the book, you'll understand why I say this.

The Reader and Enji are 16 years old in the beginning, hence why I said to be patient and power through.

I'm also gonna straight out explain what your quirk is. In exchange for the Reader's body heat, she can eject/control ice out of her own body. Her hair gradually turns white the more she uses the quirk. (If your OC already has white hair then ignore this) If she uses her quirk too much, she risks dying due to hypothermia(low body heat). Just like how Shoto can't overuse one particular side of his quirk or else he risks overheating or freezing his body.

The beeping of a phone filled the air within one girl's bedroom. On a large plush bed lied a girl with her mind stuck within a screen of white and blue speech boxes. One long conversation of two hearts being open with one another. There was nothing keeping them apart besides the screen. Snuggling beneath the bedcovers of her own bed and talking to those dear were two of her most favorite things.

The Fire In My Heart: U better b warm cause we r sk8ing

You: How? It barely snowed last night.

The Fire In My Heart: Thats y i said 2 b warm

You: I hate you sometimes

The Fire In My Heart: We established this how long ago?

You: Shut up and come get me

Talk about a turn of events. Normally Saturday is your lazy day, now it's one of the opposite. While your quirk deals with ice, the cold is one of few things you've  came to dislike the most in this shortly lived world besides villains, bad grades, and getting dressed each and every day.

Upon first step within the pristine white kitchen, any cook's dream, the scent of chemical cleaners was like a punch to the face with citrus freshness. Your mother peered up from the sink with an oh so exhausted smile. "I'm going out here soon," your sweet voice announced as your leather bound boots clicked upon the freshly scrubbed floors.

"Looking cute Sweetheart," you mom compliments your appearance as most mothers would. As always, the woman was working herself to the bone in the kitchen. There was rarely a day she wasn't wearing that faded blue apron that clung her chest loosely. That woman prides herself on serving the family each and every day after work. Her efforts were for days off where the family could spend quality time together instead of upkeeping the house. You loved her, everyone loved her, and that's all she could ask for. Mom was always one step ahead of you as she began heating up a kettle of hot water on the stove.

"You're too sweet mom," you awed.

"That Enji sure is lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend such as you."

You began to nod, "we're ice skating but of course I got to supply the ice as usual." That's why Enji told you to stay warm in that text earlier. Extensive use of your ice quirk strips your body of ever ounce of heat it could give. Hypothermia, death by low bodily temperature, is sadly an everyday obstacle. It's also Enji who's always telling you what to do the second his mind's made up. Enji's normally pretty controlling in this relationship. Most of the time you don't put up with him, but at least today it sounds like he's got a date planned for a change and your quirk's drawbacks in mind.

There's nothing wrong with that man caring for someone besides himself. It's always better than whenever someone from class having to run from the ends of the earth in order to hunt you down all to fan the flames whenever Enji would lose his temper.