chapter 5: is it a date?

(y/n) POV

I woke up in my bed covered by my comforter. I sat up and reached for the glass of water and bottle of aspirin on my nightstand. I gulped them down and got out of bed to grab some clothes. I pulled a large hoodie over my head, that went down to my knees and a pair of shorts. Better make breakfast.

I padded to the kitchen and began to make pancakes and brew coffee. It wasn't long before Dr.house began to stir on the couch. I kept my focus on keeping the bacon from burning and thinking about how to fix the problem in my new project.

"Your pancake is burning ," dr.house said deeply from behind me.

Startled my spatula fell out of my hands and quickly tried to grab hold of it before it got the ground.

"Crap," I said grabbing the hot pan and taking it off the stove. I took the bacon off the stove after replacing the burnt pancake with new batter and starting over.

House leaned against the kitchen counter with a mug of coffee and watched me cook. I finished making breakfast and set it on the table along with some syrup.

"Breakfast is ready," I smiled at him before grabbing a mug and filling it.

He sat at the small dining table and placed four pancakes on his plate and five strips of bacon.

"Cream and sugar for your coffee?"

"Sugar," he grunted.

"Sure. So about last night," I started and passed him the sugar.

"Don't worry I didn't see your naughty bits," he responded and bit into his pancake.

"I...ha..."

"No witty comeback?"

"No, I was going to apologize but if you're gonna be a dick about it then I retract my attempt."

"So what do you do again? I saw a computer set up with three monitors in one of your rooms."

"So you decided to spy while i was asleep?"

"I wasn't spying. I was looking for the bathroom since you never indicated where that was. Nice towels by the way very plush."

"Computer stuff. Anyways did you take your Vicodin?"

"And how do you know about that?"

"Cuddy may or may not have told me about your favorite candy. So after breakfast you want me to drop you off at your apartment?"

"Cuddy," he started and made that "tch" sound.

"Look I'm sorry I even brought it up. Cuddy had no right to tell me about your situation."

"Let's go," he said grabbing his cane.

"Sure let me just grab my bag."

We were soon in the car in front of his apartment on Baker Street. Our chat on the ride over was minimal and pretty much forced.

"Oh and by the way I won last night's game by default since you fell asleep. I'll have to find some way to torture you. I'll let you know what I decide on later," he said staring at me, his icy blue eyes and rough voice making my breath catch,"Muahhh-hhaa."

"Okay Dr. House" I smiled weakly.

He got out and entered the complex.

I decided to take advantage of being out of the apartment to run some errands. I decided on getting a few new flashdrives, notebooks, dry erase markers, and groceries. Once my shopping was done I headed back to the apartment. The shopping its self had taken me two hours plus traffic time.