34. Swishers

I'm happy that last chapter was well received. I was nervous to post it.

Adonis»

"You get the first one." Farrah said, placing my grilled cheese in front of me. It didn't look like my mom's grilled cheeses...but that's a good thing. She'd made a few of them, but she still wasn't eating.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs from the basement, before Eden and Adam entered the kitchen.

"I smell something...we coming to make sure everything is okay up here." Eden said.

"Everything is fine. You want a grilled cheese?" She asked him.

"If there's enough,...for my fr- boyfriend and I." Eden said. I noticed Adam smile, before covering his face.

"There's enough for everyone." Farrah said, handing both of them plates.

"Appreciate it. Aye..we gon give y'all your couple time and shit, but we hitting a party tonight. You two are welcome."

"Oh. Maybe." She said.

"Cool, give it a thought. Adam let's go downstairs..I'd hate to intrude on their lil moment."

They returned downstairs, leaving Farrah and I in the kitchen.

Finally, she grabbed a plate of her own and sat with me at the table.

"You want to go to that party?"

"I don't know if parties are for me..."

"I know, I know. I just figured maybe it would be different if we were there together."

"I guess it would. What do people even do at parties?" I asked her.

"Dance, drink, smoke, whatever you're into." She shrugged.

"Is that what you do at parties?"

"I don't go to many. I'll dance, I've smoked a few times."

"Oh..is it fun?"

"It's okay." She chuckled. "Why, did you wanna get high tonight?"

"Did somebody say get high??" Eden said, coming back upstairs.

"Uh..."

"I wasn't snooping, I forgot my phone. But aye, y'all tryna get high?"

"I don't know.." Farrah said looking at me.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"Aye, whatever y'all decide to do...there's weed in my drawer. Don't smoke all my shit unless you gonna pay me." He laughed, grabbing his phone and heading back downstairs.

Farrah and I looked at each other for a moment.

"We don't have to go to the party if you don't want."

"I don't think I do."

"I understand, we can just stay in tonight. I have no problem being alone here with you." She smiled.

"Yeah.."

"And it sounds to me like you were really down to get high." She laughed.

"Maybe."

"Alright Adonis, since you're so bold. We can smoke later..for now I just wanna chill. Watch movie or something."

"Every time you say watch a movie, we never really watch a movie." I said to her.

"Is that a problem?"

"Definitely not."

"Good. Cause I was thinking...well..we'll talk about it later." She chuckled.