See for Yourself pt. 2

Established relationship
(Sorry that this is less focused on WandaNat, the story got away from me!)

The second time Wanda ends up linked to Natasha, it's a little less accidental. It's not like either of them is particularly looking to go through that whole experience again, though. But Nick Fury is.

They both trust the director with their lives. They honestly do and nobody's ever accused the man of being ill-intentioned. But when he finds out about their previous encounter with Wanda's powers, he's almost morbidly fascinated by the whole thing.

So that's how they end up at S.H.E.I.L.D, testing to see whether they can duplicate the results of last time. First, they try recreating the exact order of event that led to their connection. That just resulted in a lot of fake sneezing. Then, they tried magical sparring. At the start, no telepathic link, just a lot of unnecessary exercise. Then Maria Hill comes in to watch and Wanda's pretty sure she's solely there to make fun of them. Which she's probably right about because all Maria does is instigate.

"Is that all you've got, Maximoff?" Maria yells from the sidelines as Natasha sweeps her feet out from underneath her. Frustrated, Wanda throws a ball of red light at Maria as she does the same to Natasha. Nothing dangerous, just a playful comeback. That is until Wanda's inside their heads and she doesn't know what the fuck to do.

//I have an idea, get out of my brain.// Maria snarks, responding to Wanda before she can start panicking. Evidently, they can hear Wanda's thoughts too. The last time this was mutual, Wanda and Natasha had an interesting time.

Wanda tries pulling back like she usually would, yanking her magic out like a whimsical tether. This time, though, there's no tether. At least, not one Wanda can sense. Natasha's voice comes filtering through, //Are you telling me we have to deal with this for another two weeks?//

//Oh fuck me!//

//I'm already spoken for, Hill.//

//You know what I meant, Romanoff.// Maria rolls her eyes and Wanda can feel it. It makes her want to roll her own eyes.

//Odd.// She thinks without even remembering she's still linked.

//What do you mean?// Maria asks, eyeing Wanda like she's scared of the answer. Wanda taps her fingers across her thigh thoughtfully, watching to see if she'll get a reaction out of either woman. She's mostly looking at Natasha, knowing how ticklish her thighs are.

//Quit that.// Natasha squirms under the invisible touch, scrunching her nose up adorably. And then, //Fuck, why can I feel this?//

//I can feel it too.// Maria flicks her eyes between her two friends, the worry evident without having to share a telepathic connection. //That didn't happen before?//

//No, Wanda must've gotten more powerful.//

//Perfect, so it'll be even worse this time.// Maria sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. Wanda rubs at her's subconsciously, trying to ignore the sensation she feels there.

//That was already guaranteed, Hill.// Natasha shrugs, fingers ghosting over her nose for a split second. //I mean, you're here.//

//You know what, Romanoff? You're—//

"Something wrong, agents?" Nick's voice echoes around the room, making Wanda jump.

//I'll deal with that, go freshen up.// Maria strides off as the other two move towards the locker room side by side.

Natasha bumps Wanda's shoulder with her own, drawing Wanda out of her thoughts. //I know what you're thinking.// Wanda can't even muster the enthusiasm to laugh.