Chapter 28

The doctor that assessed Seokjin's injuries had to be very careful with the Omega. He would hiss when any part of his body was touched and not just from the pain, going as far as to actually attack the doctor if he got too close.

"It's just the trauma. He'll most likely have the same reactions to anyone he does not know, recognize or isn't comfortable with. For how long? I can't be sure, some trauma's never get better and some are forgotten easily. I can only prescribe you anti-depressants just to be careful and stop any thoughts in his mind from prospering." Namjoon was going to object that Seokjin wasn't suicidal but the doctor cut him off again.

"I'm not saying he is. We're just taking precautions because anyone who has suffered through what he has isn't immune to such thoughts. To rid himself of the constant pain and nightmares that he suffers. Luckily, he is a strong Omega. Most wouldn't have survived with a sane mind had they been through what he has. He's still going to need a few more medications that I'll prescribe you. I also suggest this cream for his bruises, they are...horrible to say the least but thankfully, not severe enough to have him stay here. As for his...other injury, it will heal with time, nothing we can do to make it faster but you should stay away from any sexual contact until he's completely healed and allows you to. It might trigger him if you force yourself onto him."

The Alpha would have torn the doctor's throat out for even suggesting that he would do anything to Seokjin when he was in such a state, but he held himself back. No need for violence when the Omega man was just doing his work. He took the prescribed medicines for Seokjin then left to the Omega's room where he'd been checked up and was still staying currently.

"Seokjin-ah?" The Omega looked up, his bottom lip wobbling and his arms stretching out for the Alpha, who didn't hesitate to pick him up and bury his face in Seokjin's neck.

The Omega didn't make much sound, couldn't really because his throat ached and his lips hurt, in fact, his whole body hurt. It was like he'd forgotten about the pain during his time there and his body was only now catching up.

Seokjin preened at the attention from the Alpha, his mind hazy, not thinking about much else besides the feeling of Namjoon against him. His vision was also blurry, the only reason he could tell it was Namjoon was because of his scent.

Namjoon noticed the state of Seokjin and was confused for only a second but soon realized what was going on, they'd learned about it in his classes about Secondary Genders.

When Omegas, or even Alphas for that matter, got too comfortable and felt safe in their environment, they calmed down so much that they slipped into a mind state that didn't really let them think, just follow instincts that have been instilled in them for thousands and thousands of years.

He just smiled and let the Omega nuzzle him as much as he wanted, letting Seokjin's calming scent envelope his own before placing him on the ground, the older frowning in confusion at the action.

Talking with him wouldn't really work right now, so Namjoon decided that he would just show him with actions. He grabbed Seokjin's hand, intertwining them and then pulled him out of the room.

He had to guide the Omega through the halls, Seokjin almost bumping into everything on their way had it not been for Namjoon and the Alpha wondered when this mind state of his would break.

It broke later in the evening while they were cuddling in bed. Of course it was hectic taking care of Seokjin because he was stuck like glue to his side, not that Namjoon was complaining. He'd been deprived of his Omega for almost a week and was going to make up for it in any way he could.

He still couldn't believe that Seokjin had killed that Alpha. The look in his eyes as he stared at the lifeless body of Carlino would've turned his blood cold had he not been accustomed to such looks. He was as emotionless as stone about the fact that he killed and didn't lose a wink of sleep over it.

And about Carlino's Omegas, well, Hoseok provides them with a house and enough money to go through the pregnancy and more until they could start getting jobs.

"You okay now, Seokjin-ah?" The Omega looked up at him through glossy eyes before sniffing and hugging him tightly.

"I—I was so scared. Thank—thank you for coming for me." Namjoon leaned his head down to nuzzle their noses together, Seokjin purring in content before letting the Alpha scent him.

He relaxed considerably again, enjoying their moment and not wanting to get up at all.

"What do you want for dinner, beautiful?" Seokjin's heart threatened to burst at the pet name and pressed a kiss to Namjoon's lips, the Alpha laying still and letting the Omega take the lead - despite the fact that his pride felt crushed for not being able to do it to Seokjin without the risk of triggering something.

"Can—can we invite Jimin and Taehyung over? P—please?"

Namjoon had never denied him anything before and he wasn't going to make a habit out of it now, so he nodded and turned to grab his phone - Seokjin's hands clasping his shirt tightly as if he would leave - and quickly texted Yoongi and Jungkook to bring the Omegas over immediately or he'd have both of their heads for making his Omega upset.

"They said they'll be over in a minute." And the way Seokjin perked up, getting up and dragging Namjoon to the closet to pick a nice outfit, was worth everything that the Alpha was willing to do for the Omega.