7. boys and football

Wow... a lot of people love Jackson.

(Jackson to the side)

|7.| boys and football

"Are you coming to the game?" Jackson asked as he walked into my room the next afternoon. It was Thursday and Friday would be the first game of their football season as well.

Looking up from the Biology book that laid open on my bed, I clicked my pen closed and raised an eyebrow, "I'm studying, so I don't think so." I drawled sarcastically before looking back down and reading over the same line I'd been reading before.

'A Punnett Square is used to define the probable phenotypes- physical traits- using the genotypes of the male and female-'

"Oh, haha smartass. No need for all of that Em, you know that I was talking about tomorrow," my annoying brother interrupted again as I focused more on the book.

Flipping the page, I closed the textbook, leaving my pen in to save the page, "I'm trying not to fail biology again, Jackson. It would help if you'd kindly stop harassing me about watching a bunch of guys parade around in skin tight clothes and shoulder-pads," I mocked.

"Em, please? It's the first game of the season; if you come, I promise that you don't have to come to another." Jackson pleaded, gritting his teeth. His face contorted into one of pain.

He wasn't used to asking anyone for anything.

"If you result to groveling, I might just say yes," I said, shrugging and averting my gaze to my book which I was tempted to open again.

I had homework; I had a lot of homework due the next Monday and surely a football game would mess up the balance; I couldn't afford to fail Biology again.

Soon enough, Jackson was on his knees, sucking up his pride and clasping his hands together, "I'd get on one knee, sister dear but I'm not a fan of incest-ual marriage," he mocked, jokingly, "Will you please, please, please come to the stupid football game ? I don't even care if you bring a friend. Just please come and support your little brother whom you love forever and ever."

Raising an eyebrow, I held back my laughter, "Don't you have friends to support you?"

He snorted, raising both his necessarily bushy eyebrows at me, in retaliation "What do I look like asking a bunch of guys to come watch me play football?"

"Hm," I pretended to think it over, "You look like you're sleeping in the closet. Remember, Jan is still available." I teased, sticking my tongue out at him and plugging my earphones into my iPod, glaring when he pulled it away.

"No," Jackson said monotonously.

I growled, "He is way out of your league, though."

The veins seemed to be popping out of his forehead as he let his hands drop to his sides, "I'm straight."

"Straight as a circle."

Groaning, he stood up, "Shut up, stupid."

Opening my textbook, I started highlighting key words in my notes, "You're stupid."

I could practically hear his glare and the venom seeping into his words as he snatched my highlighter away and pushed it in his back pocket, "Your face is stupid."

Rubbing my temples, I attempted to read more but was distracted by Jackson tapping his foot on the floor repeatedly.

Tap, tap, tap.

'If one trait is dominant...'

Tap, tap.

'If one trait is dominant, it will overpower the recessive trait-'