Everything Wanda Loves (and hates) about Natasha Romanov

Establish Relationship

Wanda loves when Natasha sings. She usually only does it at night in the safety of their bed as they're curled up next to each other. Her voice is husky and rough, a kind of beautiful that sends shivers down Wanda's spine. Sometimes Natasha sings in Russian, sometimes in English, and sometimes in a language Wanda doesn't recognize. All the songs, though, sound beautiful when Natasha sings them. More often than not, Wanda falls asleep to Natasha's voice filling the room, a gentle lullaby in her ear.

Wanda hates kissing Natasha after breakfast. One thing that's terrible about it is her morning breath. Let's face it, nobody's breath is minty fresh in the morning and Natasha Romanov is no exception to this rule. It's gross. The other thing about kissing her is that she always tastes like coffee after breakfast. Natasha can't survive without her daily cup of caffeine and Wanda absolutely hates the taste of the bitter drink. There's no way in hell Wanda will kiss Natasha until she brushes her teeth.

Wanda loves all of Natasha's piercings. She doesn't have a ton but she does have more than average. They're all on her ears and Wanda thinks they match Natasha perfectly. They're elegant but also badass, balancing out Natasha's two sides. Wanda sometimes catches her fiddling with them when she's bored and it always brings a soft smile to her face.

Wanda hates the scars on Natasha's body. She hates the new ones that are shockingly pink, contrasting with her pale skin. She hates the old ones that are white and barely noticeable but are still there. She hates the small ones and the large one, the long ones and the short ones. She absolutely hates all off them. Not because they're ugly — Wanda doesn't even think it's possible for anything about Natasha to be ugly — but because they show how much pain Natasha has had to go through. It ignites a fire in Wanda's stomach that will probably never go away.

Wanda loves Natasha's height. Wanda's not that tall, she's about the size of an average American woman. That means that there's a lot of people taller than Wanda but Natasha is definitely not one of those people. She's a couple of inches shorter than her and Wanda loves it. She is often able to use it to her advantage when they're kissing which is something Wanda never thought she'd be able to do. Plus, it just makes Natasha ten times cuter.

Wanda hates how often Natasha mumbles. She does it when she's talking to herself, trying to work out problems Wanda can't even begin to understand. Every time, Wanda has to ask her to repeat what she said because all the sentences sound like a jumble of weird syllables that make no sense. Natasha will wave it off and continue to mutter under her breath, eyebrows furrowing together in concentration. It's deeply frustrating — and confusing — for Wanda to hear her girlfriend speaking in a way that sounds more like elvish than English.

Wanda loves watching Natasha interact with animals. She speaks to them like one would talk to a small child, high-pitched and giggly. Taking care to give attention to every animal she sees, Natasha oohs and awws over all of them. She scratches behind their ears and rubs their soft tummies, grinning widely as they make appreciative sounds. It's sometimes odd to see how much animals like Natasha, almost all of them trusting her right away. Wanda always thinks the animals are cute but she thinks Natasha takes the cake every time.

Wanda hates when Natasha paces. For a woman that's been trained to hide her true emotions, she sure has a very obvious nervous habit. She'll pace in front of Wanda, often wringing her hands out at the same time. Back and forth, back and forth. It can get a little repetitive after a while. It also doesn't help that Wanda is usually just as worried so watching Natasha wear a hole in the floor doesn't really help her anxieties. She doesn't hate it, per se, but it's definitely a little unnerving.

Wanda loves Natasha. How her eyes seem to twinkle when she's trying not to laugh and the way her ears turn bright red when she's blushing. All of her silly jokes and crazy plans that just might work. How her hair is always curly after she showers and how it feels when Wanda runs her fingers through it. The way she taps her fingers along to any music she hears and sometimes hums under her breath just barely loud enough for Wanda to hear. And how she looks at the people she loves like they're worth everything in the world.

Natasha is the love of Wanda's life, it's as simple as that.