Chapter 8:Let's Talk

Taeyong waited in his office for Yeonmi to finish cleaning up. He thought of every single thing that could go wrong within the next hour.

She was attacked and could've been kidnapped or killed if Mark hadn't picked up the phone.

If she joins another soul is taken to the dark side. If she doesn't join her life is gone. Yeonmi is an innocent girl, with her life in our mess it'll ruin her.

Taeyong really was stuck in a corner. The door opened and Taeyong picked up his head from staring at his desk. There was only one person that opened his office door without knocking. As he suspected, he looked ahead to see Jaehyun shutting the door.

"What is it now?"Taeyong asked, he wasn't expecting any good news.

"I say, we let her join."

"Jae, I wasn't asking for opinions."

"This is an educated opinion. Taeyong, she has the best marks in her class, rhythmic gymnastics training from a kid, she speaks Japanese, Mandarin, and English."

"You did not do a background check on her."Taeyong stood up from his seat, placing his palms on his desk. Jaehyun was opposite of him, and Taeyong stared him down.

Despite this, Jaehyun continued his argument.

"Her walking slowly and calling for help instead of running away proves her quick thinking. She was able to hide from Jaemin for a week. She knows how to act, she got the main role for the school play in her first year in Korea."

KNOCK! KNOCK! Taeyong gave Jaehyun a look. He was looking for reasons for Yeonmi not to join, and now the odds were against him. Taeyong sat back down and gained his composure once more.

"Enter!"He answered loudly.

Mark opened the door, leading Yeonmi to the chair opposite of Taeyong. Jaehyun moved out of the way and to Taeyong's left side.

"Where's Lucas?"Taeyong asked.

"He'll be down shortly, Winwin needed to measure him for his new utility belt."Mark answered and went to Taeyong's other side; his rightful spot as Taeyong's second in command.

Yeonmi sat back in the chair, wearing a white hoodie and a pair of leggings. There she sat facing one of her close friends, a stranger, and someone that made her feel safe.

"What's the verdict?"Mark asked looking at Taeyong.

"It's all up to her, again, we can't force anything."Taeyong explained to them.

"You can't die on us, Mimi."

Yeonmi cowered into the hoodie upon hearing the nickname, it's been so long. They all sat in silence for a minute, waiting on her response. They didn't know what else to say or do wait for an answer.

"I'll join."

Mark's eyes widened at her answer, while Jaehyun put a smirk on his face.

"Are you sure you're okay Yeonmi?"Taeyong asked once more.

"Them jumping me was scary, everything after that I'm fine. I think I'll be able to handle a few things with some training."

She's used to being hurt, this is absurd. Her voice, it's so monotone. It's like I'm speaking to a soulless human.

"How stupid can those attackers be? They need Jisung and Chenle to earn the money as well, not just Yeonmi."Mark comments, clearly annoyed and worried that she had to join them.

"Maybe they thought they should get her first. Then use her disappearance to lure out Jisung and Chenle."Jaehyun states before looking at Yeonmi who was in deep thought.

Lucas had just entered the room, and was completely oblivious as to what was happened.

"Or maybe they took me first to threaten you guys."

"What?"Lucas asked.

Taeyong sat up straight and leaned over his desk a little more, intrigued with Yeonmi's comment. There was more to it, and he couldn't believe her thinking. Jaehyun stood smiling, he knew exactly what he said, and he knew she would be provoked if she knew the right answer.

"They need all three of us, dead. The offer was 25 billion won for all three of us. They could have easily demanded that for my life. A large amount of you would have to come to get me, and to give them the money."

"And we'd leave Jisung and Chenle at the base. People could break in and grab or kill them. Then back at where you would be they'd kill you on spot once Jisung and Chenle were taken out."Mark finished for her with eyes in complete shock.

"You're a smart one, Yeonmi."Taeyong mentions before leaning back into his chair.

She has the intelligence, maybe we can keep her back at the base, or in the car for information gathering.

"Thank you, I'm one of the smartest in my grade."

"Wish I could say the same for Haechan."

Yeonmi tried to stifle a giggle from Taeyong's comment, but a small giggle made it to Mark's ears. It was like music to his ears.

"How about you stay the week here? See if you like the place; we can go to your house and pick up a few things. If you don't like staying here you could always be kept at home. Regardless of the fact, it'd be best to inform your brother."Taeyong says before standing up.

"I guess that's fine."

"Jaehyun take Yeonmi to the van, Lucas tell the Dreamies to get to van, excluding Chenle and Jisung, you have a mission so you can't leave, Mark stay."

Taeyong went and held the door open. They all followed his orders and once everyone else left he slammed the door shut. His expression darkened, and his smile faded.

"Yes?"

"You're my second in charge, and that comes with responsibility. Yes, you're allowed to start missions and hits, but you cannot keep leaving without telling me. You still have to confirm things with me unless it's urgent."He said sternly.

"If you're so concerned replace me with Jaehyun. He seems comfortable enough by your side."Mark's expression darkened

"Am I clear?"

"Crystal,"Mark says before storming out of the room, leaving Taeyong to himself.

He was Mark for three hours, and suddenly Malo is back.