- 38 -

CHAPTER 38

"How do you know you're in love?"

Adrien felt his heart thump, hearing Y/n's question. He wanted to get up and kiss the girl.

"Well.." Nino turned to Alya. Alya smiled at him and gently placed her hand on his.

"You know you're in love when you think about someone 24/7. You find yourself completely blinded by their existence and you feel the want to do everything and anything with them. You're willing to make sacrifices for them and they make you happy. But most important, YOU are happy." Alya spoke, looking at you.

"You want nothing more than to spend all your time with them. They make you feel as if you're on top of the world and that you're a person in their life that truly matters. Your heart feels for them every second of the day and you miss them as soon as they leave." Nino kept his sight on Alya.

Alya turned to Nino and laughed before placing her head on his shoulder. Adrien leaned back a bit, and Marinette bit into her croissant. You smiled at the two lovebirds.

"Thank you." You blushed.

Alya lifted her head.

"Why'd you ask? Do you have a special someone you think you love?" Alya asked you.

You felt your heart tighten. Looking up at Alya, Adrien seemed so invested in the conversation.

"Yeah. I think I do. The thing is, it's hard to love someone you don't fully know. When I think about my special someone, I can't imagine us being in school together and hanging out casually in public because I can't see him that way. I've been offered the chance to get to know him, but I think it's too dangerous for us to be fully exposed to each other because of the other people it'll draw out." You bit your lip nervously. Alya sighed.

"You're in a tight situation, Y/n. All I can say, is give it time. Think about it, not too hard but be precise. Be safe with your decision and be careful. Alright?" Alya asked.

You nodded.

The bell rang immediately after and students began to file out of the cafeteria door. As you walked out, you stared at the marble tiles on the floor.

A smile crept onto your face and your heart was warm as felt like it was going to explode. You finally figured it out.

You've fallen in love with Chat Noir.