Chapter Three

I own none of the characters by Rick Riordan. I only own my characters. Also, Veronica is on the side! ---------------------------

I woke up to the beautiful sun shining through my window. I guess you could say that I'm a morning person. I just love mornings. The sun's heat shining on my face is an amazing feeling that I love waking up to. The moment is ruined by the reminder of my last day of school. How. Exciting.

"Spencer, you need to hurry up, otherwise you won't have time for breakfast." My mom calls from the kitchen, where I assume she's working to feed Jerry and myself. At the mention of food, and the faint smell of bacon that is wafting from the stove, I jump up and hurry around my room, grabbing clothing items to wear to my final day of school.

I'm blessed with the fact that we don't have uniforms, so I'm wearing a light wash pair of skinny jeans and a flow-y baby pink sleeveless shirt. I pair it with a rose gold knock off watch and a black fedora. My sunglasses are slid into my leather shoulder purse with my last day essentials and pull on my black lace up booties. I then proceed to walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, passing a passed out Jerry on my way. The kitchen is filled with delicious smelling-- and looking-- eggs, bacon and toast. My mom is just finishing setting the table as I walk in.

"Good morning Spence!" my mom said cheerily to me. I just waved and dug into my eggs and bacon.

I was soon off to school. Fun. Texting Veronica was my only pastime as I walked.

Me: My bitch!

My Bitch Veronica: Hi Spencer.

Me: Hey where are you?

My Bitch Veronica: Turn around.

I spun around to meet the face of my best friend. I was about to say hi when my phone dinged.

Unknown: Hey. Is this Spencer? It's Percy.

I smiled.

Me: Yup. It's Spencer. Sorry I just got to school. Text ya in algebra.:)

Percy: Sounds like a plan.:) See ya Spencer.

I put my phone away as I walked into French. Boring. Next on the schedule, history. I still haven't talked to Mr. Welks since the garden thing.

The bell rang an hour later and I was off to algebra. Yay. Note my sarcasm. Not really sure why they insist on teaching us on the last day of school. I got my phone out and texted Percy while I waited for the teacher to come in.

Me: I'm in algebra now.

Percy: I can see that.

Me: You can see me?!

Percy: Dude, you know what I mean. You said you would text me in algebra

Me: I know, I was joking

Percy: oh. gotchya

Me: So, waz up?

Percy: nm, rock climbing. Aren't you supposed to be learning?

I heard a ruler snap on my desk. Cliché much? I sent a quick text to Percy.

Me: Yep. Just got in trouble. Txt ya after I get it back. -Spencer

"Ms. Smith. May I ask who you're texting?" the subsitute asked. I didn't catch her name so I looked on the board behind her. That didn't really help. Stupid dyslexia.

"I don't see how that information aids you in teaching, but if you must know, it was my friend." The teacher held out her hand. I gave her a high five. The class just laughed, amused by the exchange between us.

"Your phone Ms. Smith" she growled. I sighed, and was about to give it to her, but it dinged again, so i held a finger up and texted Percy back

Percy: What teacher?

Why would he need to know that?

Me: Um, I don't know some sub. Why?

Percy: Not sure, just wondering.

Me: oh well,  Video chat later? gtg ATA. (Angry teacher alert) -Spencer.

Percy: yeah, talk to you later. good luck with the teacher C ya!

As I pressed the power button, you could hear the class oooo'ing and the teacher's face was getting really red.

"Ms. Smith! Principal's office. Now." She growled.

"Sir yes, Sir! Oops I mean ma'am" I smirked. The class oo'd once more, and added burn in with the mix Her face was a deep shade of purple now. I've definitely been known to ruin teacher's lives. 

"Office. Now. No talking." She said.

"OK." I took out my phone and started playing temple run. The teacher held out her hand. I groaned and gave it to her. She smirked and put it in her pocket, knowing she had won.

"Ms. Smith, I hope you know that your behavior is..." I had tuned out by then.

Soon, it was hard to ignore any noise because I heard a hissing noise. As I turned to look at the teacher, it got louder. I glanced over at her, expecting to see the annoying teacher that took my phone, but in her place was a cat. Not some ordinary house cat... I wish. Nope. It was a saber-tooth tiger. I took the pin out of my jacket. I looked at it and for a split second; I wondered how it got there, and how I recognized that I had to pull it out. I didn't put it there; I left it on my dresser this morning. Shaking the thought off, I pressed the dragonfly and it grew into the  bow. The quiver of arrows was already on my back. I shot a couple, one ending in its leg, the other in its chest. Like the dragon, it dissolved into golden sand. My phone was in the middle of the dust. I pressed the dragonfly again and it shrunk back into a pin. I grabbed my phone and looked at the sand.

"Ha! That'll teach you not to mess with Spencer Smith!" I told the sand.

"Spencer, what are you doing?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

"Um, talking to sand, duh." I told her.

"Why?" Veronica asked, very confused as to why I was talking to a pile of sand in the middle of the hallway holding a bow. Realizing that I was still holding onto the silver bow, I hit the dragon once more and it collapses into the clip.

"Okay, you wont believe this but..." I told her everything. From Mr. Ryans to the teacher in the hall. She freezes, then takes my arm and starts running. Oh great. She's taking me to a mental hospital. I didn't blame her. If someone had told me what I just told her, I would rush them into a mental hospital as well.

We went to my house. I guess it was to say goodbye to my mom. Veronica started talking to my mom really frantically. When she paused, my mom turned to me and yelled, "Go pack some clothes!" I nodded and ran upstairs.

The first thing I did was change. I put on some cut-offs and a flannel that tied in the front. Then, I grabbed a duffel and put some similar outfits in it. Along with a couple skirts and dress shirts. I also packed some hair clips and ties, and some bobby pins. I threw some head bands in there too. After that, I ran to my bathroom and grabbed necessary things from there. I put all of my converse in a separate bag. Well, all set. I ran back downstairs. Grover grabbed my wrist again but let go, as I wanted to say bye to my mom.

"Bye mom, I love you." I said. My eyes started watering.

"I love you too honey, see you soon." Tears were streaming down her face. I grabbed my backpack, which contained my iPod, iPod touch, laptop, and my phone. I turned to my mom and waved. The tears were freely falling down my cheeks. I guess I wont see her for a while. She waved in return as Veronica slammed the door. We got into a taxi.

"Long island please" She told the driver. Wait, there's a mental hospital on Long Island?

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow me and vote as well as comment

~Emily