Makes Sense

Bryce POV

Leaning against the wall, I searched through my phone trying to find a picture of her. Finally settling on one where she was wearing my jersey during one of my of my games. Her blonde hair was cascaded down her back, and she had the widest smile.

I felt a dull pain in my chest, but I ignored it. Josh, my roommate, peeked over my shoulder. “Is that your girl?” he asked, grinning and raising his eyebrow. Running a hand through my hair, I nodded, “Yeah. She’s back at home finishing high school.” I explained.

“Hmmm, well she’s quite the looker.” Josh said, bouncing a ball against the wall.

I let a smile creep to my face. “She’s more than just a looker. She’s the whole package.”

“Really?” Josh questioned.

“She’s just fucking amazing. She’s one of the best soccer players I’ve met. She doesn’t take shit from anyone. She’s- she’s just fucking amazing.” I repeated. It was the truth. Summer was amazing in every aspect.

“Sounds nice.” Josh said, tossing his ball up.

She was the reason I got up in the morning. If it weren’t for her, I’d probably still be that ass hole that everyone hated. As cheesy as it sounded, she was the one that came around and fixed me, after I fell apart. Caitlyn had destroyed me, and I thought I’d never recover. But then I met Summer.

In all honesty we were perfect for each other. We were both broken and lost. Me, because of that whore Caitlyn, and her because of the loss of her dad. We helped each other. We fixed each other. God, I sound like a fucking girl.

~*~*~

Summer POV

“Soooo, are you with Gus? Are you not with Gus? ‘Cause I’m really confused!” I whined. Brit chuckled from where she sat on the couch holding little Alice and Avery. The two babies were wide awake and looking around.

“Of course not. I’m not stupid. He’s just here because of Alice and Avery.” She said.

“And if you don’t remember Jason and I are a thing now.” She continued.

“Wait, what?! I was not informed of this!” I snapped.

“Well, we just started to take a liking to each other since homecoming.” She explained.

“But he was my date to homecoming.” I said, confused.

“Yeah, but when you left, Jason had to give me a ride back to your place, and we kinda sorta ended up making out in his car.” Brit said.

“No fucking way! So that’s why he never tried to kiss me again!” I said, piecing things together.

“Yeah. But we kinda just left it there for a while. And then last month we started to see more of each other.”

“You mean when you were about to explode?”

“Yeah, surprisingly that didn’t bother him…” Brit told me

“Wow… It all makes sense now!” I stated, as realization washed over me.

“So does Gus know?” I asked.

“Nope.” She popped the ‘p’. “But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make him work his arse off. After all, that asshole knocked me up, and left me here to deal with it by myself!”

“True! I say work him to the bone.”

Brit grinned, “My plans exactly.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!