Not Okay

Bryce POV
I felt my anger radiating throughout my body. My body was shaking, and i itched to run after him and rip him a new one. I glanced down at Summer who was beginning to clean the mess my brother and i had created. "Summer, what the hell is this offer that Dylan was talking about?" i asked through clenched teeth. Knowing my scum bag brother, this could be anything. 

She looked at me with those big blue eyes that i love, "Bryce, your brother is just trying to get under your skin. You know that." Looking back down she continued to pick up the shards of glass from the broken picture frames. Deep down, i knew my brother just loved to pick at me, but my brother wasn't one to lie or exaggerate. I was about to question Summer further when i saw her quickly wipe shards of glass off of a crumpled and ripped photo. Even though it was rather dark in the unlit bedroom i could still make out what the picture was. It was the last picture she took with her dad the day before he left. I felt my anger melt away, and instantly felt horrible. I got down onto my knees as i searched for the the thing she hung around the frame. My hands finally clasped around the cool metal. I handed it to Summer.

She took the dog tags from my hands and hugged them both to her chest before placing them carefully on her desk. I placed my hand on hers and she looked up at me. "Summer, I'm really sorry."

She shrugged it on and put on a smile and let out a small laugh that did not quite reach her eyes. "Don't worry about it. It's just a piece of paper." she said. Her response made me feel even worse. I knew she was just trying to be brave, like she always does. 

I jumped when i heard my phone ring. "Who the hell is calling me this early in the morning?" i said as i reached for it. When i glanced at my phone to see Josh was calling.

"Hello?" i answered, confused as to why my room mate was calling me.

"Bryce?"

"Yeah?"

"You need to come back ASAP!" 

"What? Why?"

"Coach said-"

I interrupted him, "I already had this break approved by coach before i left. 

"I know, but hes freaking out!"

"About what?"

"He said that he were no where near as good as some of the other teams. He went to go visit some of the other coaches that he knows, and i guess he saw something that made him go ape shit. He says he's cutting and benching people as of this week. He's already cut Donovan."

"But he's our best forward and has a scholarship!" i argued.

"Well, he wasn't doing good in practice in coaches standards and cut him because he wasn't getting better over the last few practices."

I felt as though my ground was dissapearing beneath me. I could possibly loose my scholarship if I'm not spot on. And if I loose my scholarship then i'm screwed! 

"Bryce, if i were you I'd get here as fast as you can." Josh said, before i heard coach's familiar voice shouting at him to get off the phone. Josh hung up and i felt my arm fall limp against my body.

"Bryce? Are you okay? What happened?" Summer asked frantically. "Coach is cutting people from the team."

"You have a scholarship Bryce, he wont cut you." 

"He's already cut someone with a scholarship Summer." i said. "Summer, i have to go back."

"Don't worry about me. You do what you have to do." she said kissing my cheek.

~*~*~

Summer POV

Bryce had left yesterday. He was worried that he was going to loose is scholarship, but also worried about leaving me. I kept reassuring him i'd be fine. But i wasn't so sure. 

I sat in a familiar room that i hadn't been in since my sophomore year. The familiar white walls decorated with degrees and pictures reminding me of past visits. Looking up at the ceiling, as i so often did while laying on this couch i couldn't help but feel slightly insane. I felt my fists clench and unclenched as i heard the familiar sound of heels clacking against the tile hallway. The door creaked as it opened and closed. She was relatively quiet as she took her seat in front of me and opened up her notebook. She clicked her pen and cleared her throat.

"It's been awhile since i last saw you Summer." she said.

I glanced over at her for the first time since she walked in. "Yes it has."

"How are you?" she asked.

That was a good question. How was i? It wasn't as simple as saying 'Good' or 'Bad'. It was a lot more complicated then that. I took a deep breath, and looked the therapist in the eyes, unsure on how to respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!