5

I'm waiting, in the illuminated hallway. Today's a really nice day, the sun is up and shining through the empty corridor's windows, and no clouds are to be seen.

I'm waiting in front of a huge metal door, with an inscription on it, indicating the 'Psychology Auditorium'.

It's 11:45, and Kyle will most probably come out in 5 minutes or so. I asked him not to stay and talk, in order to avoid the extremely weird situation I found myself in the last time I waited for him. In order to avoid her, more precisely. I have to see her tomorrow morning, and I think I already saw her enough this past week.

This time, Troy isn't with me. I made it quite clear that if nothing happened between us Wednesday night while I was drunk, nothing will happen now that I'm sober.

His hurt face made me feel slightly bad, but I was grateful when he finally let me go, saying that the 'person that would win me over' would be 'one hell of a luck guy' before correcting himself and adding 'or a lucky girl' and winking.

I must admit, that surprised me a lot. Why was everyone more open-minded about my own sexuality than I was? Was I being blind about something?

So I'm standing there, and soon enough hear shuffling behind the door.
A lot of students start to fill out, Kyle not being one of them.

When he finally decides to show up, he is in deep conversation with, of course, his lecturer.

He seems to be arguing about something, but I choose to keep my distance. However, I can't help but eavesdropping.

"This needs to not happen again. Please?"

"Yes, Professor. I'll, erm, I'll make sure of it. I'm sorry."

The two of then stop a few meters in front of me, seeming to notice my presence only now.

Kyle is a tall guy. Like really tall. And even though Miss Alexander wears high heels, she seems to be quite tall herself. Not as tall as Troy. But tall anyways.

I only seem to notice now, because instead of suit pants, she is wearing a very suited and fairly tight black dress, and her long legs are showing.

I catch myself before I stare too much, and look at Kyle's face instead.

He seems... embarrassed. His cheeks are red and he is standing a bit slouched, his back curved.

"Hey, Kyle." I turn to the therapist-professor-car wrecker, and put on a smiley mask to hide my embarrassment. I don't even remember what I did the last time I saw her. She still doesn't seem annoyed, or any kind of emotion for that matter. She is smiling slightly, politely, holding her laptop bag in front of her with both hands, and looking curiously at me. Very gently, like I'm some lost puppy.

She looks, very, very good.

Oh my god. What if I threw up on her that night?

"Hello, Miss."

"Hi, Kennedy. I hope you feel better?"

Her voice is as gentle as her blue eyes, and shows no sign of amusement. Until she talks. Until she says my name in that particular manner, like she knows something about me, something really flustering nobody does.

Ugh, so much for avoiding embarrassment.

"Ifeelfinethankyoufortheothernight" I blurt out, and realizing I did so in the most unattractive manner, I give an obvious glance to Kyle, then quickly turn around to walk away.

I already made my way to the ome of the University's cafeterias when I'm joined by Kyle.

We order, for me a whole plate of fries, my weakness, and Kyle some spaghetti with bolognese.