Chapter fifteen - Roses, Twins, and...Science?!'

Nobody's POV

"Alright, do you understand it now???" asked Y/N, expressively. 

"So you can return things back to their components if they are chemically bonded, but not if they are physically bonded, right?" asked Kasumi staring hard at her (open) textbook.

Y/N face palmed much harder than he wanted oo leaving a slight red mark across his features.

"Kasumi-san, it's the opposite," said Saaya, answering for Y/N.

"At least you get it!" cried Y/N expressively. "Kasumi, we've been at this one topic for almost thirty minutes, how have you not caught on?"

"It isn't my fault the concept is so hard," complained Kasumi, crossing her hands. 

Y/N sighed, before turning to look out of the window and the blue-green mosaic it painted. It was a bright morning, cool, though nearing noon. Kasumi's house hadn't been as he expected, tidy. The house was compact and well-kept, though he suspected the it was mainly due to Kasumi's mother. Pinkish curtains laid drawn at the side of the wall length window. The trio sat around in a loose circle around a wooden table, textbooks and notes laid sprawled across the room. From the bed, to running acorss the floor, it wasn't any secret that this mess was getting on Y/N's nerves. He wasn't sure how long he could hold in his urge to organize the place into something more impressive from the mess it was.

"A bad workwoman blames her tools," recite Y/N, almost poetically while gazing Kasumi in the eye.

"Why are we studying anyways?" asked Kasumi, diverting the subject at hand. "We are on holiday!"

"It because school's going to start in three days," explained Saaya as if she was talking to a child. "And we need to be ready for the topics that'll be covered before the beginning-of-term exam."

"Well said," remarked Y/N, getting up. "However, I do believe I'm done here."

"Y/N-san, you're leaving?" asked Kasumi, her voice dropping.

"Why, yes," he replied, gathering the books he used into a neat pile. "I'm tired from staring at textbooks and explaining the same thing over and over and over again, I need some fresh air."

"Alright then," responded Saaya. "We'll see you around?"

"No doubt," he answered, leaving the room.

He found himself in the hallway, clean and organize unlike the room he had to deal with for the past hour.

"How's onee-chan?" came a voice for his left flank.

"Gah!" he cried, jumping back an impressive four meters. "Does everyone have a secret fetish to scare me or something?!"

The girl chuckled, her brown hair was shared in colour with Kasumi's, although her's was short and neatly cropped. She shared the smae prple thoughful eyes as Kasumi, except her seemed to hold a little more calmness than Kasumi's. Y/N learnt of her identity as Toyama Asuka from their earlier meeting, Kasumi's younger sister (and probably the more responsible of the two).

 Y/N learnt of her identity as Toyama Asuka from their earlier meeting, Kasumi's younger sister (and probably the more responsible of the two)