Chapter 20

|5 years later|

                                •RODNEY•

Walking around the jewelry store I held Josés hand while Sofía drooled on my shirt.

"Aye let me look at this one right here". I called out to one of the employees and they came over taking it out of the glass handing it to me.

Looking at it the ring looked too big and Milli ain't into all that big shit.

"José stop all that playing you know how me and your moms expect you to act in public". I said looking down at him as he spun around before stopping and coming back beside me.

"Why is his name José if he's black". She asked causing me to look at her.

"Not that it's any of your fucking business but his mom is Afro Latina bitch put the ring back I want to look at this one". I said throwing the ring back at her and pointing to another one.

"What's an Afro Latina". She asked handing me the other ring.

"Yo if you don't know what it is go do your research I swear people nowadays are ignorant as fuck". I said shaking my head and walking away to the front.

"I'll take this one in a size 7". I said handing it to the man.

"José what you want us to cook mommy for the dinner tonight". I ask looking down at him as he looked up at me.

"Dinosaur nuggets". He said causing me to chuckle.

"Fuck she gone do with dinosaur nuggets". I ask taking the bag from the man after handing him the money.

"Put barbecue sauce on it". He questioned with a confused look.

"Hell no man we need to think bigger". I said shaking my head as he grabbed my hand.

"She like king crab and snow crab". He said causing me to look down at him.

"She like it or you like it". I ask with my eyebrow raised.

"Both". He said with a shrug as I shook my head walking out of the mall.

"Looks like we're going with both". I said helping him into the car before placing Sofia into her car seat buckling her up.

Getting in I start the car up and back out turning up the music.

" Hush fia Daddy driving". I heard José say as Sofia began to whine.

"When we get home act like you mad at mommy okay". I said pulling up into the driveway.

"Okay". He said getting out as I did the same grabbing Sofia.

Walking into the house Milli comes from around the corner smiling getting ready to hug José but he moves away causing her to frown.

"What's wrong papa". She asked looking down at him.

"I don't want a hug". He said shaking his head and she started to tear up.

"Well can mommy get a kiss"? She asked squatting down to his height poking her lips out.

"No move please". He said and she started crying walking away.

"Daddy I don't want to do this anymore my mommy crying". He said looking up at me like he was about to cry.

"Alright go to your room". I said and he ran off.

I knew Milli would cry she doesn't like the feeling of the kids not wanting to show affection but it's all apart of the plan.

Walking to the back I see Milli laying on the bed reaching for Sofia so I hand her to her.

" I'm about to go cook stay up here". I said and she nodded not saying anything.

|1 hour later|

After finishing up the food and setting up the dining room I was finally ready for Milli to come down.

"AYE BABY COME HERE". I called out as I was bringing drinks to the table.

"I'M COMING". She yelled back and I stood up straight waiting for her to come in.

A few minutes later she appeared with Sofia in her arms and José walking beside her. Once she finally realized the dining room was decorated she started tearing up.

"This is beautiful". She said walking over giving me a kiss.

Pulling her seat out she sits down and I take Sofia putting her in her high chair before helping José in his seat.

We all started to eat and I notice that Milli kept looking at José with a sad look on her face so I knew it was time to stop playing and make her mines permanently.

"José you have something you want to say to mommy". I ask and he gets up walking to her side of the table getting on one knee and pulling out the ring as I got down beside him.

"Mommy daddy said that he loves you so much and he doesn't know where h-he would be without you and and that he was handful I mean grateful for you for coming into his life and bless you I mean him with two amazing kids so will you marry me". He said causing me to laugh and shake my head.

"I thought you was helping me out you trying to keep your moms to yourself". I said and Milli nodded her head, yes letting José put the ring on as he struggled a little bit before finally putting it on.

After he finally got it on she picked him up kissing him all over his face while I sat there mugging him.

"Damn all my hard work and dedication went out the window huh". I asked causing her to laugh and put him down before kissing me.

"I can't wait to start planning our wedding". She said smiling widely.

Grabbing Sofia out of her high chair Milli picks up José and we all stand there and hug.

This is the life I wanted all along and I finally got it...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE