Chapter 4~ Flashing Lights

"Is that so?" I hear a deep voice say from right behind me.
I slowly my head around and feel my cheeks heat up when I see Pierce standing exceedingly close to me with his usual black t-shirt and black jeans combo.
"Is that a problem?" I straighten my back and look him in the eyes.
The smile leaves his face and he lowers his lips to my ear.
"Allow me to change your mind?"
He backs up and runs his finger down the bridge of my nose.

He laughs and whispers something in Masons ear, he nods his head.
Pierce then walks past all of us without another word, heading towards the back doors.

"Hey.. so you wanna get a drink?" Mason says to Trixie, wrapping an arm around her waist.
Trixie looks at me, "Go for it." I smile at her.
"Thanks babe, I'll catch you in a bit"
She blows a kiss at me and heads into the crowd of teenagers along with mason.

I stand there awkwardly, pretending that there's something interesting happening on my phone.
"Hey, you all alone?" I look up, it's Nate, we've gone to school together forever but I don't think i've ever actually talked to him.
I shrug, "It's Alexandria, right?"
I smile," Yeah, but most people just call me Alex."
He smirks. "Well, Alex," he takes my hand in his "what do you say we hit the dance floor?" I smile and nod.

He leads me into the crowd of sweaty drunk teenagers, loud music blasts from all directions. He wraps his arm around my waist, his dark curly hair covers his forehead. I'm small compared to his tall figure, his tan skin beaded with sweat as he's moving along to the music. He catches me staring at him, he touches his hand to my chin.
"Why didn't I find you sooner?" He whispers in my ear. "Bec-"
I'm cut off as Mason pushes past me, He's running towards the back doors, Trixie behind him. What's going on? I look at Nate again, his eyes still focused on me.

"I'll be right back." I say before walking the way I just saw Mason and Trixie running. I open the back door and step outside.
"Get the fuck off of me!" I hear some dude yell, I step off the back steps to see who's yelling.
Pierce. He's on top of another guy, swinging his fists at his face. I look to my left, Mason running towards the two who are on the ground. Trixie sees me standing there and walks over to me.
"Apparently the guy caught his girlfriend all over Pierce" She looks at me, a flat smile on her face.
Masons trying his best to peel Pierce off of the guy he's been punching. Over all the commotion, "Cops!!" Is yelled over the music, in a instant, dozens of high school students are running in every direction. Pierce doesn't budge, still holding the guy on the ground, slamming him into the ground over and over again.
Trixie grabs my arm,"Dude, we gotta go" She pulls me out of the backyard. I take another look back to see two police officers running towards the fight, a police officer holding Pierce's head to the ground, as another restrains his wrists with handcuffs.
~~~
The following day at school, Pierce isn't in first hour. Shocker. My guess is that he got bailed out by his parents and suspended for a week. Not that i would know or anything.
The hours go by pretty easy when the bell rings for last hour to be over.
I race to my locker, eager to leave the building. "Hey" I look up to see Nate standing next to my locker.
"Hey, sorry I sorta kinda ditched you at the party last night, shit happened"

He laughs,"Yeah i heard about all that, but I had fun with you nonetheless."
He takes a step closer. I feel my cheeks up, I look up into his dark green eyes. He slightly bends over and kisses my cheek.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Alex" He pushes a stray piece of hair behind my ear and walks the other way down the hall.
What the fuck just happened? I put my hand where Nate's lips were just touching my cheek, a small smile on my face.
I grab my things and rush out the door, eager to tell Trixie what just happened.

I meet her over by her car just as she's about to get in. "Trixie guess what?" She looks at me as she pushes her pink sunglasses up onto her head. I smile at her.

*********
Hiiiiiii i hope you all have had an amazing day so far!!
thank you for reading ily
-via🖤