10

this osmosis lab was way too easy. boyce and i finished so quickly that we were spending the entire period just chatting

to be honest, the butterflies from talking to "jack" were starting to overpower the butterflies for boyce--mostly because boyce never paid any romantic attention to me.

it only gets worse when graham slides into the seat across from mine.

"bouchard," he says, his voice rough and deep. "i need your help with this lab."

and then i'm a mess. 

"okay, sure, how can i help?" i ask. he slides me his paper.

 i take a long look at his observations. they're a total mess. doodles are everywhere across the sheet and not a single observation in the table had been filled in. the doodles weren't even of osmosis. christ.

i explain the entire lab to him and even give him my sheet so he can draw out what i saw under the microscope. once he's done copying literally everything, he gives me a soul dropping grin. "thanks."

i decide to test him. "so those drawings...they're really nice."

he's quick to cover them up and scowl at me. "i don't really like it when people look at my doodles." 

well, that's not the tone "jack" was giving me a few days ago...still though, tone is pretty different over text."oops, sorry. are they personal?"

"something like that. also, they're just ugly." 

i almost groan. i am never going to figure this out. 

graham still sounded like the best candidate at this point.