Part 21 - Safe And Sound

*Billie's POV*

After visiting Rachael in hospital, Matty and I decided to sleep at my place. And just sleeping, I thought to myself. It was late. I was tired.

"Tea?" Matty asked, making his way to my kitchen.

"Yes, please." I replied, smiling at him.

We sipped our tea in peaceful silence.

"I love you." Matty said suddenly.

I smiled. "I love you too." I replied as I finished my tea. "I'm going to go have a shower and then I'm going to bed." I announced, getting up. Matty nodded as he stared into space. Somewhere else.

*Matty's POV*

I had been stressing and thinking and obsessing and freaking out about how I was going to ask Billie. How was I going to do it? How do you ask something like that without it being weird or cheesy?

Not a proposal, you idiot.

I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend.

I just didn't know how.

While she was in the shower I pondered over what I could do. I decided to call George and get his advice. He gave good advice, and Billie took long showers, so I'd have enough time.

I called George up.

"Hey G." I said.

"What's up Matty?" He asked.

"It's Billie."

"Oh shit. She's not pregnant is she?"

"No! No no no, oh my god."

"Well, what is it then?"

"I'm asking her to be my girlfriend and I don't know what to do."

"You know English, so just ask."

"No, you know what I mean. I want it to be special for her."

"You sound like you're fifteen."

"Shut up."

"Well, I don't know. Take her somewhere nice. A restaurant or something. Something memorable."

"I've got an idea."

"Okay, well I'm friggin tired so goodnight."

"Okay. Bye."

I had the perfect idea.

*Billie's POV*

As I got out of the shower, I towelled myself dry and got into pyjamas.

I overheard Matty on the phone with someone. I could only hear what he was saying.

"No, you know what I mean. I want it to be special for her."

"Shut up."

"I've got an idea."

"Okay. Bye."

What was he hiding? Was it about me?

I came out of the shower and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"What's your idea?" I asked, reaching up to kiss his shoulder.

"W-what? Oh - uh - nothing. Don't worry about it." He stuttered, not convincing at all.

I frowned. I knew he was up to something.

"Bed?" He asked when he saw me yawn.

"Definitely." I said, letting him take my hand and lead me into my bedroom.

I crawled into bed and Matty crawled in behind me after taking off his shirt and shoes. He reached out for me under the covers and pulled me towards him. He put his arms around me and nuzzled his cheek against my shoulder.

I felt safer than I ever had.

I fell asleep almost instantly.

He was mine, and I was his.

Hey. This is just a little short filler chapter before Matty asks Billie. I really enjoyed this, it was cute. Naww. ;) xx -Anna.