just the two of us | william vangeance x reader

Author's Note:

Listen. To. The. Song.

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

William Vangeance, glorified captain of the Golden Dawn, is in love. Yeah. That's right. As a matter of fact, William is so in love, that he gets flustered at the mere thought of the (brunette, blonde, etc.). It's gotten a bit out of hand. All he wants is to finally have her by his side. So, with that said, let's get into this oneshot.

William's Point of View:

I've spent the past many nights restless, fantasizing of a love I have no chance of being returned. I mean honestly, who could love someone with a face such as mine? To answer that question: no one...especially not her. She's far too perfect. She's all I could ever hope for. Even a rare flower as kind as herself would surely jest at my confession.

I need to clear my mind.

As I walk down the hallway on my way outside, I see her. But as always, she's with him. She's laughing with him, chatting with him, sharing her dreams with him. It hurts, but I maintain my composure.

"Good morning, (Y/n), Alecdora," I flash my usual smile.

"Good morning, Captain," Alecdora salutes.

"Good morning," (Y/n) casually waves, grinning sweetly.

"Don't forget to grab some breakfast while you can, today's bound to be a busy day," I remarked.

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes lit up with realization.

"Oh, you're right! I was talking to Alecdora so long, I loss track of time," she laughs, "Come on, Alec! Let's go salvage what we can!".

I watch as she scurries down the hallway with him. Does she even know what she's doing to me?

~Time skip brought to you by breakfast, the most important meal of the day~

I sat on a bench in the garden, enjoying the silence. I don't know how I long I was here or when I blanked out, but I was brought back to my senses when a certain beauty sat beside me.

"Hello, (Y/n). What brings you here?" I ask.

"Sorry if I'm being a bother, I just come out here sometimes as well. So, when I saw you I just thought that maybe you wouldn't mind a bit of company..." she rambles while twiddling her fingers.

"I don't mind at all. In fact, you're just the person I was hoping to see," the words came out my mouth before I could stop them.

"Oh, really?!" she beamed.

"Of course," my eyes trail to the small fountain placed perfectly in the center of the garden, "You see that fountain? It reminds me of your magic. It's so serene."

She chuckles a bit.

"My water magic could never be as elegant. You're words flatter me, but we both know I'm pretty clumsy."

"I'm sorry, but I have to disagree, Miss (Y/n)," I say, taking her hand in mine, "Your spells always seem as though they're gracefully dancing. It's stunning."

"Alecdora always teases me for being afraid of water. He claims my small phobia is the reason why I'm too careful with my magic. So even if my spells did seem graceful, it's only because I'm terrified of having any mishaps. Sometimes I think I should've been given plant magic or something like that," she laughs a bit.

I tense at the mention of Alecdora, but then quickly realized something....

It's just the two of us.

I quickly become flustered. She doesn't seem to notice though.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my mind. I wasn't sure if it was good idea, but I had already started talking before I could catch myself.

"(Y/n), why do you think I wear this mask? Wanna take a guess?"

"Hmm...I've never really thought about that. It could be that you prefer to keep your identity hidden, but then again, you're voice is pretty distinct, and I'd remember those eyes from anywhere. So perhaps it's for fashion purposes," she starts, "Or maybe you just have a silly birthmark you don't want anyone to see," she smiles.

"I don't find it silly," I tease.

"But I don't understand why someone such as yourself would feel obligated to hide his face because of a birthmark or scar. It just doesn't fit the whole "Magic Knights Captain" thing."

"It's unfortunate but true. My face isn't suitable for the public eye," I woefully respond.

"That's no excuse, Captain," she says sternly.

Her response surprised me. Would she really not care for my flaws? Or is this all an act to make me feel better?

"I mean it," she confirms, reading my thoughts.

"(Y/n)! There you are! I've been looking all over for you. We have work to do," a voice shouts out, interrupting the moment.

And of course, the voice belonged to Alecdora.

"Oh, hey Alec! Sorry, I was just chatting with the captain a bit. My bad," she replies sheepishly.

That's when Alecdora had noticed me next to her.

"Captain, sir! I apologize if this one has caused any disruptions. I've been trying to get her to work, but she just keeps slipping away," he salutes.

"Don't worry, I really enjoyed her company," I smile.

"Well, I should get going. Thanks for everything, Captain," (Y/n) waves, walking away with Alecdora.

I vow to push past my insecurities and confess to her in the near future. Once I can do that, then maybe things will be the way they should be.

Just the two of us.

End.

Author's Note:

"No, I don't like you, I just thought you were cool enough to kick it. Got a beach house I could sell you in Idaho."

*bows*

Word Count: 920