16

mikes pov
-

"dude what the fuck is wrong with you" lucas asked as i anxiously pulled my hair. "everything. everything is fucking wrong, lucas." i semi yelled.

there was so much to be mad about. will likes harry. harry likes will. will wants to be with harry. will left me. but no one could know that, not even lucas.

"just calm down, mike." dustin said, leaning up against the bathroom wall. it was the last period of the day and we were hiding out in the bathroom.

"so how are we gonna get to the arcade?" dustin asked. "i dunno.. maybe nancy or steve could drive us?" lucas pitched in, looking at me while i just shrugged my shoulders.

i don't know if nancy would be up for it. "yeah dude, can you just ask nancy if she can take us?" dustin asked desperately.

"i don't know.. she's probably busy."

"where's will? how's he getting there? maybe jonathan can take us."

"i don't think so.." i responded, feeling my throat dry up, "harry's driving him."

"HARRY DRIVES?" lucas asked, his mouth hanging open. "yeah, he's a senior, you moron." dustin rolled his eyes.

"bro that's like illegal..." lucas said with a disgusted look on his face. "what would be illegal?" dustin asked, cluelessly.

"their relationship." i said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which it basically was. "i'm not following..." he said, scrunching up his eyebrows.

"c'mon dustin, don't act like you don't know that will is gay. him and harry have basically been all heart eyes towards eachother for the past three days." lucas said to dustin, leaning up against the wall.

"actually, i didn't know that.." dustin said "i mean i always knew he wasn't girl crazy but i didn't think he was gay.. that was totally unexpected."

"yeah well, will hasn't been the most predictable person lately." i said, annoyance appearing in my voice. "damn.. what did will ever do to you.." lucas asked.

in that moment, i felt like i was going to crumble. i felt vulnerable and as if i would just open up about everything. will had left me. i was stupid to think we were actually going to be together. my lip started to tremble at the thought of us actually being over.

although he hasn't actually said that we weren't a thing anymore, it was obvious that he would rather be with harry. we hadn't even made things official so i don't know why i'm so beaten over it.

"mike, what's wrong dude? are you crying?" dustin asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. lucas looked at me with a concerned look on his face and dustin took a step closer to me, waiting for me to answer.

i turned around, facing my body away from
the two boys. i didn't want them to see me like this. i didn't want them to know that me and will were "together".

"nothing nothing..." i said sniffling a big "i just got some dust in my eye." i lied, wiping the unfallen tears from my eyes.

the bell rang, causing the two boys to shut up and not ask any further. as we walked out of the bathroom, nancy was at her locker, taking her bag out and dustin instantly ran over to her.