EIGHTTEEN

Y/n had changed into a green polo shirt with her acid washed mom jeans, her hair pulled up into a ponytail, mounting onto her bike, and placing her bag on her back.

"Ready to go?" Will asked wearing his red and creme striped shirt, white and blue shorts, climbing into his bike. Mike who wore his baby blue polo shirt and dark blue shorts, nodded and Lucas climbed onto his bike wearing his maroon shirt with tiny stripes across the shoulder, black shorts whilst he adjusted his backpack.

"Ready," he announced as they all kicked off, biking down on the roads, swiftly moving past cars that came by but also enjoying the small ride across Hawkins with the summer breeze brushing past their knees and noses.

It weren't too long until they arrived at mikes house, abandoning their bikes as they came to the front door, knocking on the wood. Ted wheeler, Mikes dad, answered and allowed the teenagers inside.

"Can you wait for me, I wanna see if Sammie's still here," she asked the boys, they nodded heading to the dining room just behind y/n, she walked inside getting no luck before walking towards inside of the kitchen seeing Karen feeding her younger sibling some baby food.

"Oh y/n!" Karen said and noticed the group of boys nehind her. "Oh boys! How was it last night you had a nice sleepover?" She asked, picking Sammie up and placed her on her hip.

"Oh it was good, we watched movies and read comics," Lucas lied, as Karen passed Sammie over to y/n, sitting her at her hip, pulling faces at her sister.

"Oh goodie, hey y/n if you or your parents ever need babysitting again you can always contact me, holly was sharing her toys with her so she was most definitely entertained," Karen told the teenage girl as she smiled up at the woman.

"Thank you so much Mrs.Wheeler," she thanked and turned to the boys.

"Um mom, we're gonna hang out in the basement and we might invite max and el later too," mike told his mom who nodded and agreed.

"Alright, have fun," she told them, the boys beginning to shuffle to the basement quickly, y/n stood behind.

"D'you mind if I take that?" She asked, pointing towards the baby food; Mrs. Wheeler nodded, wiping down the sides, meanwhile y/n rushed down the stairs and into the basement to which the boys had their super-coma out.

"I'll try first," Lucas said and began to change channels. "Max, are you there?" He called, y/n sat on the armchair, placing Sammie on her lap, scooping up the baby food onto the tiny spoon and placing it gently inside of her mouth which she sloppily ate.

Y/n popped her mouth a couple times to make it easier for her to eat only for Sammie to have her mouth wiped each time she got a spoonful.

"Max, do you-" Lucas asked into the machine before getting cut off.

"Shut. Up," the female voice spoke before turning off her channel, lucas fiddled with the channels again before giving up.

"She turned it off," he said and y/n rolled her eyes handing Sammie her last spoonful, placing the tub of food on the coffee table.

"Call her," y/n said simply standing up, patting on Sammie's back, as well as bouncing her against her hip.

will stared at the way she cared so much for an unspeakable human, who only sleeps, poops and eats all day. He greatly admired the way she would squeal every time she heard a little burp and laughed it off, continuing to help her sister burp so she wouldn't throw up later.

"Max? You need to get over here," mike announced from the phone, y/n watched as his face hardened, she past Sammie over to Will who sat there started as the small girl in dungerees went and tugged at his brown locks. "No max, serious-" he began to argue before y/n snatched the phone from his grip, pressing it against her ear.

"Max, its y/n, you need to get to Mike's house," she ordered, looking to Sammie who tried reaching for the wire of the phone. "Max it's serious," she said pulling the wire away.

"Alright, give us some time, we're on our way," Max said before hanging up, y/n placed the phone back down and turned to the boys who stared at her waiting for an answer.

"We gotta give them some time, but their on their way," she announced and watched the boys relax a little but giggled when looking to Will who was being tackled by her younger sister.