Nineteen

You have defied the law of nature once, I won't allow you to do it twice.

I have let you live to get vengeance, now I have come for you to pay the price.

Jungkook suddenly opens his eyes, frantically looking around for the strange voice in his head. He felt his body stiffen as cold sweat formed in his forehead and chest.

He slowly sits, letting his back rest on the headboard, two hands clasping his aching head.

He remembered losing consciousness in the throne room, which has never happened before. He checked his heart, placing his right hand on top of his chest.

Suddenly, the door to his room opens revealing Hoseok with a tray of food in hands.

"Glad you're awake." the older walked near his bed, carefully placing the tray on the table beside him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, eyes full of concern for the alpha.

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, not wanting to sound weak in front of him. He asked instead of answering.

"Has the council heard about what happened yesterday?" the alpha asked, concealing the worry in his face. Things would really be troublesome if the news of what transcribed yesterday reaches their ears.

"No, I believe they are clueless. However, it's better if you go to the city once you've fully recovered and meet them again........And by the way, it was not yesterday Jungkook. That was three days ago."

The alpha knotted his forehead at this information.

He was unconscious for three days? Great. Just great.

"Where's Park Jimin? Have you killed him already?" He asked as anger takes over him, remembering everything the shorter male has done and said.

Hoseok shakes his head, "He's taking care of the human, Jungkook."

This annoyed the alpha even more. He's been unconscious for three days and they didn't even do anything about the two pests.

"You're telling me you let them live and do nothing? What the fuck are you here for if you can't even do that simple thing?!"

He yelled, his anger building every passing moment. He stood, determined to get back at the two and finish what he started.

"We can't kill Jimin, he's one of us. And the human, I'm afraid he has to be alive." Hoseok whispered, voice full of worry.

The alpha halts at this, throwing daggers to Hoseok as he gazed at him.

"What the hell are you talking about? So, you're now taking their side?" Jungkook was beyond angry. He can't believe his people are starting to defy him.

"No, Jungkook. You know so well that my loyalty lies on you. That's the reason why we have to let the human live." Hoseok steps forward, holding the alpha on his shoulders.

"Whether you accept it or not, he's now your mate... though he's a human and not an omega, the same law applies.....

....you'll die if he dies."

There's a moment of silence before Jungkook laughs, a frantic one. He can't believe all the nonsense coming out of the older's mouth.

"You must've forgotten Hoseok. My one and only one mate has died hundred of years ago. But still, here I am, breathing and alive! Now you're telling me I'll die because of that human I don't even acknowledge as my mate?!" Jungkook laughs, sounding like a crazy man. He won't have any of this bullshit.