Work

________________________

You sit at your desk as you tap your pencil on your cheek. You've been revising for hours. Like, two whole hours. With only like Five breaks. It's a lot for you.
As soon as you came home you went straight to your room. Your mother went to check on you since she was concerned and she also asked if you could help out downstairs. However, when she saw that you were doing work she left you alone.

You've gone over Infinitives and how to structure tenses. You've come close to memorising several verbs and the names of different locations.  
You've made Flash Cards and tables, you've written paragraphs and even read English news articles, you could do it all just fine. You know the language but, you don't know if you know it enough.

If you fail this test, if you get less than 80% then Iida will never let you hear the end of it. You have to prove him wrong. You've got to show him you're smart. You're not just a waste of space in the classroom.
You belong in U.A. You shouldn't be doubting yourself so much.

Okay, let's just continue. One of your highlighters ran out whilst you were revising but Highlighters don't really affect productivity levels so who cares. You've broken a few pencils and smudged a few pages. Your bin is full of terrible notes and sharpenings. Your phone is also on a very low percentage, after all, you keep using it to read English articles or to check your spelling and work. For a bit, you were also listening to music but it became too distracting.

You haven't even started any of the homework due for tomorrow. Maybe you could text someone for answers, but you don't have anyone's numbers. Well, you have Kaminari's but he doesn't count. You highly doubt that he's even aware of any homework being due in tomorrow.

You put down your pencil and close your book. You've got to start on the homework. If you don't hand it in then you'll get a detention, if you get a detention then so will Iida, if Iida gets a detention he'll be mad at you.
You don't like it when he's mad at you. He gives you those eyes. The glaring ones. His eyebrows furrow and his mouth frowns. He looks at you just over or just under his glasses frame's and stands tall just to show your weakness.
It makes you feel bad, guilty, annoyed and sorry.

You don't want Iida to be punished for your dumbass mistakes. They're yours, not his. Plus, you know that he won't ever get you into trouble. He's too smart for that, he has such a levelled head, he's so smart and well-composed. If anything is happening then he knows about it. He walks with purpose and aims to help the class to become the heroes they all want to be.

It's so unfair that a good guy like him has to deal with a dumb brat like you.
You don't deserve his time of day yet here you are being responsible for his school life. This is why you have to revise, you've got to become good so that Iida won't be affected by you.

Urgh, you're starting to feel light-headed. All this writing and reading has been going on for too long. You bet Iida would be fine right now. You only feel this Dizzy because you're not used to it. If you were normal you would be fine.

You're about halfway through the worksheet before you practically blank out cold. Your eyes are heavy and your hands feel too Impractical. The work you're writing almost means nothing, it's too messy for anyone to understand. You've got to get better at handwriting if you want to be a better human. Okay, just a few more paragraphs. Just a few more. You can do it.

You place your head down on your desk and your eyes sink closed. Maybe a few minutes won't be bad. Just a little nap. You'll wake up when you have energy, yeah this is fine. You've practically finished your homework anyway. A little bit of sleep will make you more productive. You're doing this for the greater good.

"Sweety," your shoulder gets nudged

"Sweety," your shoulder gets nudged. "You haven't eaten anything yet." the person says. They have a gentle voice, it sounds caring and patient.
"Just gimme a bit." You wave your hand dismissively and hide your face into the hood of your jacket. When moving you nudge your pot of pens. They clatter but luckily, they don't fall off the table. At that you sit up and yawn while stretching your arms.

You looks up from your desk to see your mum by you.
Oddly enough, you haven't spoken to your mum that much recently. You've been seeing her a lot but most the time she's busy. She's either working in the kitchen downstairs with chef Mike or having a private conversation with your Dad. You're not allowed to listen into those private conversations but sometimes you can still hear them no matter what room you're in. Same goes for your mum with Chef Mike. You're sure that the costumers can even hear them.

Your eyes squint as you looks around your room. It's really dark. Your curtains are open, you can see the stars outside. When you fell asleep it was still light.
"What time is it?" You ask and ruffle your hands through your hair.
"It's around Eight O'clock. You've done a lot of work here {Y/n}, make sure you don't exhaust yourself okay? I asked Chef Mike to cook some dinner down stairs for you. It's quiet at the moment so I thought I'd call you down." Your mother gives you a sweet smile before leaving your room. She really does try her hardest to keep you healthy. It would be great if your dad tried that hard too but that's a different subject.

You flick through your note book and give a glance to your unfinished homework. You need to finish it. Okay, it'll probably take like ten minutes or so. You can do it while eating. You fold it up and place it in your pocket along with a pen before jumping down the stairs to the bar below.

The Family bar is nice, it's clean and has a comfortable amount of room. There are paintings on the wall and wooden planks across the ceiling. It doesn't match most bars in Japan. But your parents designed this place to feel foreign. They lived in different countries to each other when growing up and this bar is sort of their compromise. Red seats, TV screens, music and a lot of alcohol.

There's a few customers lurking inside. The place becomes more active at night and on weekends. That's also when you get the least amount of sleep because you're either helping out or it's too loud to sleep. You don't really mind noise though. You've become accustomed to it through the years. Sometimes you find it relaxing to overhear a conversation whilst drifting off.
It's probably why you fall asleep in class all the time.

Once getting your food you head back up to your room, the bar will probably become full soon.
"Kiddo," your dad calls whilst your half way up the stairs. "No food in your room--" he reminds and gestures for you to come down.
"But Dad I have homework--"
"You can do that down here. C'mon, no work is so hard that you have to isolate yourself." You roll your eyes as you drop yourself down each step. Your dad gives you a pat before directing you into the bar where you sit in a corner and place all your work in front of you.

___________________________________
╔═══ * .·:·. ☽  ✧   ✦    ✧  ☾ .·:·. * ═══╗
Hopefully You can get enough work done.
╚═══ * .·:·. ☽  ✧   ✦ ✧  ☾  .·:·. * ═══╝

Word count:
1,315