Author's Note

*Just a quick note about the previous chapter's ending! I know a lot of you were expecting things like a proposal and a pregnancy but I didn't make those things happen for a few reasons so I'm going to tell you them now and give you an insight to my thought process:

The previous books had all of these elements as their ending (proposal or pregnancy) and I really wanted the ending of this book to be different from that. Moreover, everything that happened with Zack including making Nate his legal father and him receiving his last name is a HUGE change. Realistically, it's a lot to take in. I felt like anything else would have been overkill. Nate and Del needed time to enjoy those major changes and really live in the moment instead of compiling good news after good news to the point where they can't even comprehend what's happening to them, right? There's only so many great things that can happen before a story loses its realism and you guys know I like to make my books as believable as possible.

And lastly, I knew from the beginning I would be completely opposed to making Del pregnant again. Let's not forget, although she thrived as a mother to Zack, her pregnancy was a living nightmare. She had a lot of scars from that experience both mentally and physically and after writing about her for months and being inside her head, I knew she wouldn't be ready. Her and her baby almost died during her pregnancy so for her to get pregnant a mere eight months after having Zack is NOT enough time to recover. I know we like the sugar-sweet endings but if Del were a real person, I think another pregnancy would freak her out and possibly ruin her for good. It seemed too soon. I wanted to give the best ending for my CHARACTERS, the ending that would suit them as individuals the best, not necessarily the story.

Hope this helps!

NOW:

My last author's note was full of raw and honest pain. This one? I feel nothing but gratitude.

I cannot believe how far I've come and grown as a person. When I think of all the trials I was facing when writing book two, I sometimes wonder how I managed to overcome them. But I wouldn't change it for the world. Del said it best — everything had to happen the way it did for me to get here, to this moment.

I always feel that my books and character reflect who I am as a person when writing them. That's why all of my books have a different feel and vibe. It's a testament to my constant growth and how hard I work to better myself. A lot of my thanks, and I mean a lot, go to you guys.

I will never stop thanking my readers. I thank you in every author's note because you all are truly the reason behind who I am today as a writer and a person. You guys have motivated me, supported me, and helped me through my darkest times. Every day you uplift me with wonderful comments and sweet messages that make my heart sing. The negative comments never get to me because you guys are right there fighting for me against the haters and making me feel like a million bucks the second someone tries to bring me down. I can only hope that other writers out there get the kind of love and supports that all of you give me. In every sense of the word you guys are my family. I love you all more than you'll ever know. Thank you.

Thank you to my best friend who played an enormous part in getting me to this point. If it wasn't for her constant belief in me, I wouldn't even be a writer to begin with. Her and I have been through a lot together but these last few months have been drama-free and full of the peace I've always yearned for.

Thank you to itsmyaah for making my covers because seriously, I can never get enough of her talent. She always delivers for me and you guys and I hope you all give her the love she deserves!

I think this time around I'd like to thank myself too for never giving up even if it's all I've wanted to do. I'm truly proud of how much I've overcome and who I am today. This story saved me and gave me a reason to hope. I've never felt as emotionally happy as I do right now, writing this to you all, and it brings a smile to my face that I even get to say this.

This part might sound silly but thank you to Nate and Delilah. Something about this couple just takes me to a better place. Their honest love, the way they fight for each other no matter the battles, the absolute strong individuals they are together and apart, has made me feel it's possible to find that for myself. I hope you all feel the same way about them and can take away important lessons about life from their whirlwind of a story.

I cannot wait to continue this series that changed my life and I hope I can continue to deliver the characters you all love so much! Big things are coming and I am so excited to see what's in store for all of us!

Be ready for Asher and Aria, my loves. Their story is going to be feel-good and dark all at once and I hope you'll love every second!

As usual, thank you for reading and I can't wait to see you all in the next story! Sending all my love, BoookaholicBabes!

— Amber Isabelle