BOOK 4 Synopsis

Coming to you September 13th...

Asher Pryce hides behind a wall of secrets he's spent most of his life building up. How else is the adopted child whose birth parents run a drug cartel supposed to fit in? He's notorious for his overconfident swagger and total lack of patience for bullshit - a master of masks. The one thing in his life he can't fake? His feelings for his best friend's twin sister. When she returns back home after eight years of living in another city, Asher is ready to take their lifelong friendship to another level. Of course, life has rarely worked in his favour. Between the letters his birth parents keep sending him, a run-in with an old enemy that's out for his blood, and his responsibility to protect his adoptive parents from his fucked up birth family, he would only be putting the woman he loves in danger. He may make his living as a fighter but this is one fight he's destined to lose. Right?

Aria Hunter has gotten pretty good at faking it until you make it. After getting through an abusive relationship and fleeing to another city Aria is ready to return home years later. Everything has changed, including her relationship with her best friend. There's a constant magnetic pull between them and Aria feels their intense chemistry with every touch and look Asher steals from her. Gone is the once scrawny and irritable ten-year-old boy replaced by a cocky and assertive man that's way too hard to resist. But his looks aren't the only thing that changed about him. When Asher finds himself part of his birth parent's crowd once again, Aria knows this only means trouble. The more she fights to keep him safe, the harder it is to hide how she feels about him. Maybe their feelings for each other just aren't meant to be realized. After all, falling for your best friend is just a cliché. Right?