Shopping and Shot

When Vincent opened his eyes the next morning, he found Rebecca already awake and looking at him. He would have thought it was cute that she was watching him sleep if he couldn't tell by the look on her face that something was wrong. "What wrong, Mi Amore?" He turned on his side and propped his head up on his hand. "Talk to me," he rubbed her arm when she hesitated.

"I'm nervous," she said biting her lip.

"Nervous for what? Shopping today?" Rebecca nodded her head. "It's just shopping," he laughed.

"It's more than shopping!" She half shouted. "Roxy just text me and told me that your mother and Lidia are coming now too," she told him standing up and waving her hands around. When she had gotten the text, she was in so much shock that she didn't reply and started staring at Vincent waiting for him to wake up. Now she was pacing.

"Hey, Rebecca," Vincent said standing up and walking around to the other side of the bed where she paced. "It's going to be okay," he grabbed her by both arms to stop her. "If you're worried about Lidia, I promise she will be on her best behavior. And who knows, maybe this will give her a chance to see just why I love you," he pulled her in for a hug. "Just be your perfectly amazing self and she will fall in love with you just like I did," He pulled back and look in her eyes. He noticed the tears that were waiting to fall but didn't say anything about them. He gave her a light kiss on her lips followed by a smile. Rebecca smiled back and nodded her head.

"I guess I better get ready for the longest day of my life," she made sure to keep the smile on her face. Vincent laughed and cupped her face giving her another longer deeper kiss.

"I will start breakfast while you are getting ready. Can't have the two most important people in my life starving. I know how much my mother and sisters can shop," he told her causing her to laugh. "I'm guessing Joni is quite the shopper too." Rebecca nodded her head before standing on her tippy toes to give him one more kiss before turning toward the bathroom to shower. Vincent slapped her on the ass causing her to jump and squeal a little before laughing.

After her shower, Rebecca walked into the closet to get dressed. She grabbed her favorite pair of jeans and pulled them on. When she started to button them, she noticed they were a little tighter than normal. "That's weird," she said out loud. She turned to look in the mirror. She turned to the side and noticed her stomach was a little bigger than she would have expected so early on in the pregnancy. She made a mental note to go see Sandy before work the next day. She decided to change into something more comfortable since it was her day off and she would be shopping all day anyway.

When she walked into the kitchen Vincent stopped pouring a glass of orange juice to shoo her out to the dining room. He brought out a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast along with the glass of orange juice. "Wow. Look at you, finally realizing I don't eat like a small army." Vincent laughed and shook his head before going into the kitchen for his plate. They ate breakfast together talking about nothing much.

"What room would you like for the baby?" Vincent asked her as he was finishing up his coffee. Rebecca shrugged.

"I guess my old room? Might as well that way the baby will be right across from us." Vincent nodded.

"I will get some men to come and help me move the furniture to one of the empty rooms while you're shopping today then."

"Wait you mean to tell me there is already an empty room in this place?" She asked him shocked. She hadn't been in every room in Vincent's place yet but she just assumed that they were all in use of some sort. "We could just use one that's already empty." Vincent nodded his head.

"The one right next to my office is open. I wouldn't hate the idea of the baby's room being there. That way I can help easier when I am working," he tried to sound indifferent but the smirk on Rebecca's face told him he failed.