Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals

A/N: I'm on hour 16 of being awake right now after performing for the entire freshman class twice. Love the college marching band. But I figured, I won't be miserable tomorrow morning if you all read and leave comments, so here you go!

When I got home, I expected to be able to have time to plot against Crazy Rick, but instead, I found Damon and Stefan waiting for me. "No," I told them immediately as I walked into my house, setting my things down on the counter. 

"Oh, come on Big Gilbert," My eyes narrowed at the nickname. Did he want my help? "Klaus loves you and we are negotiating tonight. You being there could help Elena." 

I stared between the brothers. Stefan looked like he didn't care what happened, which was pretty typical for him, Damon looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Fine, but if I agree to this, then I speak on Elena's behalf." 

"Deal." 

Thankfully, Damon drove us to Klaus' manor. I had no desire to be in a car that Stefan was driving ever again. I was seated in the back seat, still in my work clothes. What I need was to figure out what was going on with Rick, not be dealing with some stupid dinner in which Stefan and Damon fought over my sister. 

Who neither of them deserved. Stefan just tried to kill her, Damon kept hurting her. 

To be fair, Elena wasn't a saint either so maybe one of them did deserve her after all. But I still didn't like it. 

We pulled to a stop and all of us got out of the car, walking to the front door. "So, we're meeting Klaus and the older brother, Elijah, tonight?" I asked curiously. 

Damon hummed in affirmation and knocked on the door. The door opened and I smiled upon seeing I wasn't the only one in a suit. This must be Elijah. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." 

I grinned at the full name, I was so going to use that on Klaus at a later date. "Hello, we haven't met, I'm Europa, Elena's older sister." 

"Elijah, an absolute pleasure to meet you, Europa. My brother speaks highly of you." Elijah said with a smile, kissing the back of my hand. 

Klaus chose that time to make an appearance, grinning at me, "Europa! Good to see you alive and well," I inclined my head with a polite smile, acknowledging the sentiment, "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, and woman, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah informed us with a somewhat bored glance shot at Klaus. 

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out." Stefan grumbled angrily. 

I looked at him in disbelief. This little shit didn't get to say anything about not wanting to be somewhere after he kidnapped me and nearly drove me off a bridge. "Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. You still have to pay for nearly killing Europa. The choice is yours." 

Everyone shared nervous glances, an awkward silence falling. Clearing my throat, I forced a smile on my face. "Well, I am famished." I walked for a seat, which happened to be next to Klaus. He pulled the chair out for me, which I was sure to thank him for, and pushed it back in. 

A waitress pours us all some wine and I immediately start to eat, enjoying the meal. "Thank you, love," Klaus says to the waitress. I glanced over at him, pausing my chewing momentarily before continuing. "You lost your appetite," Klaus said to Stefan, who wasn't eating. 

Damon glanced at his brother with a sharp glare, "Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." 

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" Klaus asked Damon snidely.