Chapter Seven: Mommy Issues

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                             ╮
Billy Hargrove's House
Saturday , 7:12 p.m
╰                                             ╯

────────────────────────────

"Hey hey hey." I cooed to Billy as he sat on the floor staring intently at the picture. Making sure it wasn't ripped or harmed in any way before bringing it back to his chest. I swiftly brought him into my arms and felt his body relax against mine as he rested his head on my chest.

"Come on let's go." I said standing and pulling him up with me. "You can spend the night at my house I'll just lock the door again and bring in an extra mattress!" I told him in an attempt to calm him down as I stroked his cheek lightly with my thumb.

He weakly nodded his head before pulling on his boots and grabbing his keys. I quickly pulled my wet clothes back on and grabbed my backpack before allowing him to lead me out of the house. His dad and stepmom were nowhere to be seen for which I was thankful.

As soon as I shut the door he started the car and sped off to find Max. Tears streaming down his face silently.

"Pull over." I demanded.

"No I'm fine." He croaked out as he wiped his face with his sleeve.

"Billy." I repeated as I touched his arm. "Pull over please."

He does what I asked and found a small space on the side of the road to pull over. He killed the engine and angrily hit his steering wheel. I leaned over and lightly brushed my hand over his cheek, lightly examining the quickly forming bruise. He tucked the still pristine picture onto the dashboard before roughly grabbing my waist and pulling me over to him on the drivers side of the car.

He locked his arms around my hips and leaned forward to tuck his face into my chest. I brought my arms over his shoulders and lightly combed my fingers through his hair.

He jumped back at first but eventually allowed me to touch him. After a few minutes of him rubbing his hand up and down my back and me methodically massaging his head he muttered something I couldn't hear.

"What?"

He pulled back a little bit and repeated himself. Whispering "You remind me of her.".

"Who?" I questioned in the same soft tone he was using.

"The women in the picture." He said resting his head back against the seat.

"The same blonde hair." He mumbled as he swept a piece of hair that escaped my ponytail behind my ear. "Your sarcasm, the way you played with my hair!" he choked out. "It's too much to handle."

I frowned as I watched him shift uncomfortably as if he was in pain.

"Who is she Billy?"

"My mom." He stated as he held his necklace charm in between his fingers. "She left my jackass of a dad, and me in the process, when I was young. Haven't seen her since. She doesn't answer the phone either."

A moment of uncomfortable silence passed over us.

"I don't blame her for it. But I'm stuck with Neil and that stupid women who took my moms place in a heartbeat. Stupid Susan who made us move to this shithole town where I have to look out for someone who isn't even my biological sister and I hate her because she still fucking has her mom and doesn't realize how lucky she is!" He spit out before his mouth popped open in an 'O' shape as he realized what he had just admitted.

Not knowing what to say I scooped him into another hug and squeezed him tightly.

He softly whispered "And anyone I get close to leaves. So don't act like you care now if you don't and you plan to ignore me tomorrow because I'm very use to one night stands and I know how this works."

I pulled back and grabbed his face in my hands. "No." I simply said.

He crudely laughed. "'No' what?"

"I'm not leaving. I won't leave." I stated as I stared into his eyes. "I'll always be here." I told him being a hundred percent serious.

He laughed and pushed me off of him gently and into the passenger seat. He put the keys back into the ignition before turning around and speeding back down the road. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel and briefly looked at me before facing the road again. The drive back was filled with dead silence.

He slammed on his breaks as he reached my empty driveway. I just stared at him from my seat as I leaned back. Crossing my arms obviously stunned at his quick change in behavior. He suddenly reached forward and grabbed my face inbetween his hands.

"Everyone I care for leaves." He simply stated. "Let's make this easy on the both of us. Goodnight Margaret." He released his hands from my face and put them back on the steering wheel while looking away from me.

"Billy-"

"Please Margo, when I let people in they leave. I didn't mean to say what I said so please just forget about it!"

I opened my mouth looking for words to say and couldn't find anything appropriate for the situation.

I grabbed my stuff but before I shut the door I turned around to look at him. "My mom won't be home. She's probably on a business trip if she isn't home by now. Dustin's bike isn't in the driveway either." I hesitantly add. "The door will be unlocked if you need somewhere to stay." I muttered before shutting the door and walking away.

" I muttered before shutting the door and walking away