Chapter 1

"And that's it," I said pulling out the needle from the little boy's arm and putting a bandage on

"And that's it," I said pulling out the needle from the little boy's arm and putting a bandage on. "That wasn't so bad was it? And for being such a good sport here's a lollipop." I handed him the treat and he smiled.

"Thank you so much again Ms. James, I'll see you next month for his shots." The boy's mother said as they waved and left.

They were my last patients for the day, I was now going home to rest and cool off for the rest of the day. I enjoyed my job, I worked as a nurse in MMNYC children's hospital in New York City, I had gotten two job offers when I first finished my degree in nursing, one from my current work place and another at a nursing home, but I chose here because I loved kids.

I lived about 10 minutes away, so in no time I was home. I parked my car in the apartment's garage parking and went inside my apartment to make some food. I mentally groaned when I realized that I forgot to go grocery shopping. I decided to order some takeout. I picked up my phone and opened my Uber eats app and ordered McDonalds.

I saw that I had 20 more minutes before my food arrived so I took a quick shower before the food came. I stepped out the shower and dried off quickly then applied lotion to my skin. As soon as I finished I heard the doorbell ring. I went for my food and started to grub.

Ten minutes later I internally cursed myself because I'm still continuing my unhealthy ways. I'm 202 pounds and overweight yet still I can't find it in me to try losing some weight. I should start looking into a gym membership.

A few minutes later my boyfriend Jared finally came home. He's been real distant lately and I'm starting to think we're gonna break up soon. Things just weren't the same as it was when we first began dating.

"Hi Honey, how was work?" I said getting up to give him a kiss.

"Fine," He dodges my kiss and I end up meeting his cheek. I looked down a bit disappointed.

"Well, how about when you cool down we hit the sheets? It's been a while." I seductively ran my hand down his arms.

Jared and I haven't had sex in a few months, at first I thought it was stress from work but I'm not so sure anymore. I always try to make a move but he always came up with an excuse.

"Not now I'm busy, I'm going out with the guys." He shrugged me off. He looked at the table and saw the McDonald's bag and made a disgusted face and looked back to me. "Seriously Yasmine, McDonald's again? Why don't you try a salad for once, you're getting too damn big." He scoffed and brushed pass me.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes and I tried to push them back down. I knew I was smaller when we first started dating but it wasn't like I was obese. This wasn't the first time Jared's made comments about my body and my weight.

Over the past two tears that we've been dating, the first nine months were amazing. When I started gaining a little relationship weight, he changed. He wouldn't hesitate to make me feel bad about my appearance but now he's been getting worse.

In a way I knew he was right. I did let myself go. I had a small stomach now and my legs and hips are wider than what they use to be. My arms had gotten bigger too.

I walked over to the food I was eating and threw it out, my appetite suddenly gone. I made a mental note to go check out some gyms tomorrow and maybe I can get a personal trainer. I know myself and if I'm doing it alone, it's just not gonna get done.

Just then Jared walks out of our bedroom dressed. He walks past me without even so a glance and went out the door.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with this, I don't even feel like I'm in a relationship anymore.

My phone starts to ring and I see it's my best friend Kaia calling.

"It's Friday and you know why I'm calling right?"

I groaned knowing she's been bugging me about the new club opening that was happening today. She's been reminding me everyday for the past week about it.

"Yea, Lavish is opening tonight." I answered.

"I hope you're dressed because I'm 5 minutes away."

With that she hung up.

I quickly ran to get dressed, and do my hair. I threw on a beige silky side slit dress and some white heels. I was happy I wore a bun today to work so it was easy to slick it back and leave the rest down, I kept the side part I had and pulled everything to the back, I put some silver clips in to spruce it up a bit.

As I finished the last touches on my hair, Kaia walks inside. She's been using her key to her advantage every time. Most times I'm at work and she's in my house eating my food. Then she leaves before I come home.

"Ooh you look so friggin sexy, if you swung my way I would literally take you right now." Kaia says licking her lips and I laugh.

"Seriously Kai?" I hit her shoulder lightly.

"What!? I'm not lying," She shrugs.

"You look good too," She was wearing a red skin tight dress that came mid thigh.

"I know," She smirks. "Gotta impress the lady's. And we're gonna find you a sexy man tonight."

"I already have a boyfriend Kaia," I deadpanned. I opened up my phone and ordered an Uber.

"Jared is a straight up pussy, I don't like him all he does is put you down and leech off you."

"Let's just drop it, come on let's get going." I said dismissing her, I knew she was right though.

Being with Jared has made my self esteem plummet drastically, I wasn't comfortable in anything and I was constantly criticizing myself as well. It was hard to accept compliments from people because I didn't believe them.

"Fine! I still think he's a bitch though,"

"By the way, I'm looking to get a personal trainer tomorrow." I said as we walked out the door towards the Uber.

"Why? Because of Jared?" She looked like she was going to get upset.

"No, I'm doing this for me. I think it's time I get back in shape, I put on 72 pounds in the past two years and I wanna get back to how I was." I responded.

"As long as you're doing it for you, I would hate the fact that you're trying to change your appearances for that asshole."

"Yea hell no,"