Chapter Eight: Drunken Sleepovers

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                                       ╮
Margaret Henderson's House
Sunday , 12:21 a.m
╰                                                       ╯

────────────────────────────

Thinking over the conversation I had with Billy earlier that night I stepped out of the shower. I quickly wrung out my hair and left the bathroom. Halfway down the hall to my room I heard a door creak open.

"Hello? Mom? Dustin?" I called out. There was no reply.

I slowly walked down the stairs clutching at my towel.

"You don't walk towards scary noises dumbass!" I quietly mumbled to myself.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairwell I flicked on the lights and was met face to face with a large monster. I screamed at the top of my lungs and almost dropped my towel. My eyes focused in the light and I realized it was just Billy who had just walked in and was in the process of taking off his jacket.

"Jesus FUCKING Christ Billy!" I panted out trying to recover from my mini heart attack.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly as he tried getting his arm out of his jacket. "Ooh!" He said noticing I was clad in just a towel.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Nothinnnng." He replied, finally freed from his jacket.

"Are you drunk?" I questioned him.

"Pft NO!" He scoffed at me walking closer, obviously drunk. He pinched my cheek and squeezed it "You are so cute!" He cooed to me as if I was a baby or a puppy. I looked at him confused.

"Billy be serious for a second!" I said pushing his hand away. "How much did you have to drink?"

"Just a liiiiittle itty bitty bit." He replied humming to himself as he made his way up the stairs. He waltzed into my room scanning over the place as if he was gonna purchase it before nodding his head contently. "Very good." He commented as he saw his own denim jacket and lifeguard shirt folded over my desk chair. I scoffed at his behavior as I dug in my drawer for underwear and pajamas, he turned his head to see what I was pulling out and smirked when he saw the pink underwear in my hands.

"Can you stop?" I said exasperated with him.

"Yes." He replied while looking down at his feet like a scolded puppy.

I left the room to change and came back to Billy looking through whatever was on my desk. He continued to hum happily as he picked up and quickly dropped a pen as he noticed a picture frame. He snatched it up and stared at it. It was a picture of me and my old friends before I moved here, my friend Zach's arm over my shoulder. Billy frowned and pointed at it as he turned to me.

"Your boyfriend?" He questioned.

"No!" I said laughing.

"Oh. Good. Very good."

[A/N HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE COMPILATION OF DACRE SAYING "very güd" BC THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING AS I WROTE THIS AND IT MAKES ME CACKLE TO THINK ABOUT LMFAOOO]

He said placing it back down on the desk. I rolled my eyes at him and got up to shut the door and lock it just in case anyone came home. I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes when I felt the edge dip under someone else's weight.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Billy suddenly asked. Drunkenly trying to pull the covers up.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning over to face him.

"Girls only want me for bragging rights or they completely hate me. No inbetween. So what do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything." I replied as I tucked a loose curl behind his ear and leaned over to turn off the lamp. I thought leaving him in the dark would make him fall asleep but as soon as the light turned off he still continued to talk.

"If you don't want me to sleep here or feel uncomfortable I'll leave."

"No your fine sleeping here." I said turning back over.

"Then why did you just do that?" He questioned.

"Billy! Good night!" I said exhausted hoping to shut him up. It was dead silent for a few minutes and I was on the verge of falling asleep when I felt something touch my back. I cringed at the cold contact and his hand immediately pulled back.

"Sorry." He muttered before turning over to face away from me and towards the wall.

────────────────────────────

I woke up with no blanket. Thoroughly annoyed I groaned and turned over to grab them back forgetting someone else was in my bed. I yanked them angrily which unrolled Billy from his cocoon and dropped him on the floor.

"Fucking SHIT!" He hollered while rubbing his injured head.

"Oops." I mumbled wrapping myself back up in the warm blanket.

He stood up and crossed his arms to stare at me. I opened one eye to peak up at him. "Aspirin is on the bathroom shelf somewhere."

"I can handle my alcohol thanks." He muttered annoyed.

"Yes of course. 'You are so cute!'" I mocked him in a high pitch voice while grabbing my own cheek to give him a visual on his own behavior. His mouth popped open slightly and he looked absolutely mortified with himself.

"Whatever I have work." He growled as his demeanor immediately changed.

I sat up fully. "Are you mad?"

Billy didn't answer.

"What the fuck are you mad or not? Literally what is your problem? Sometimes you act so happy to see me like you enjoy my company and then you act like a complete dick when you accidentally show any emotion like what is your fucking deal?"

As I yelled at him we made unwavering eye contact as he hopped into his jeans. He slipped on his boots and grabbed his shirt off my chair as he began walking towards me. His arm came up as his hand quickly ran through my hair causing my scrunchie to fall out. He brought my head forward and placed a quick kiss on my forehead and grabbed up my scrunchie.

"I'll see you later." Was all he said as he walked out of my room.

" Was all he said as he walked out of my room