Chapter 28- The Dance

Sawyer's POV:

"I'M FREAKING OUT HERE!", I screamed at the top of my lungs.

My mom rushed into the room, whipping her head around to see if I was hurt, "What happened?! Are you okay?!"

"No, I'm not okay! Stiles is picking me up in two hours!", I shouted back, my heart fluttered at the fact that Stiles was my date.

A small smile tugged at her lips, "Do you want me to do your hair?"

"Yes, please.", I looked up at her with a grateful expression.

"Okay, put your dress on first."

I rushed upstairs, slipping on the blue dress I got the day before; it scares me to say that Peter was totally right. It was strapless with a slight curve on the neckline, giving it a sweetheart look. The tight top half was separated from its pleated bottom that fell to a few inches above my knees by a satin sash. How the hell does Peter-freaking-Hale have better fashion sense than me?!

"You look gorgeous.", my mother stood in the doorway, tears collecting in her soft eyes. "When did my baby girl grow up?"

"Thanks, mom.", I grinned, pulling her into a tight hug. "Can you do my hair now?"

"Sure.", she chuckled at my eagerness.

About fourty-five minutes later, my hair was pulled into a half up-half down ponytail curled in gentle ringlets, hairsprayed to stay in place.

"Here, take this.", my mom handed me a barrette with a tiny, pale pink lily sitting on top of it. "It was your grandmother's. She gave it to me, now I'm giving it to you."

"It's lovely," I told her, slipping the barrette into my hair on top of the hair tie.

"Go do your makeup before Stiles gets here.", she gave me shove on the shoulder, exiting the bathroom to let me finish getting ready for tonight. I brushed a sparkling light gray over my eyelids along with a thin line of black eyeliner and mascara. Deciding to finish off with a rosy blush and a very light- almost clear- lipgloss, I took a step back and admired my work in the mirror.

"Sawyer, Stiles is here!", I heard my mother shout from downstairs.

I splipped on a pair of black stilettos, "Coming!"

Trying really hard not to trip and fall down a flight of stairs, I walked carefully down, smiling brightly at Stiles standing next to my mom, looking absolutely adorable in his tux. The boy's jaw dropped open as he scanned my appearence.

"Is there something on my face?", I furrowed my eyebrows, looking down at my outfit to see if anything was wrong.

"No! Nothing at all! It's just you look- wow.", he breathed out. I felt my face heat up at his compliment, unable to keep the uncontrollable grin off my face.

"One more surprise," my mom said with a smirk, stepping aside to reveal a familiar mop of brown hair and forest green eyes.

"Andrew!", I screamed, tackling my older brother, who's been away at college, with a bear hug, almost knocking him down.

"Hi, baby sis.", he smirked down at me. Detatching himself, he turned to Stiles, "Do we need to have a talk?"

My date gulped, "I-I don't think so."

"Okay," he nodded. "But if you hurt Sawyer, I'll hurt you-"

"Andrew!", I shrieked, glaring daggers at him.

"What?", my brother tilted his head.

"Shut up!"

"Andrew, leave the poor boy alone. You kids can go now," my mother interrupted Andrew's overprotective brother mode. "Have fun!"