Chapter 44

" Siddu."

" Siddu."

" SIDDU."

She called and looked around but he was no where.

She got panicked and ran upstairs looking for him. She barged into his room but it was empty.

The room was empty like no one lives there. She opened the wardrobe and it was empty too.

She was panting and her face was fully covered with sweat. It was like she was having panic attack. She felt like the walls around her are swallowing her.

She can't breathe and slowly walked out of his room. She stood there clutching her chest and looked outside from the balcony.

Her view was blurred with tears and when the view got cleared she saw him.

She saw her Siddu walking away from her, away from her house, away from her life with his luggage in his hands.

She gasped and called out his name loudly.

He turned and looked at her. She couldn't see him clearly as her vision was blurred by her tears.

She saw him waving his hand at her and disappeared from her sight.

" SIDDUUUU..........."

She yelled.

" Anu!" Her mom called her but Anu was just crying.

" Anu, Anu...... What happened beta?" She asked her worriedly.

Her mom took her face in her hands and made her look at her.

" What happened Anu? Why are you crying? " She asked her soflty.

" Ma....Ma.....Siddu......" She cried.

" Siddu..... What?" She asked again.

" Siddu left me." Saying this Anu broke down into sobs hugging her mother tightly.

" What are you saying?" She asked her  frowning.

" Siddu left me. He hates me Ma. He hates me." Anu was going hysterical.

Anu's mom hugged her tightly rubbing her back. When her cries died down, she started to pat her on the back. She made her sleep on her lap stroking her hair gently.

Her mom cries silently looking at her daughter's state. She is worried.....Anu's nightmares are back again. It has been a long time since she didn't get nightmares and it has been a long time since she saw her daughter crying like this.

She doesn't know what to do now. She thinks it's better to tell Siddharth about her condition maybe he will talk to the doctor about this.

She made Anu sleep on the bed and walked outside kissing her forehead. She went upstairs towards his room and opened the door.

It was empty.

She thinks that he still didn't come back from the work and goes downstairs.

Anu's words echoes in her ears.

Siddu left me..... He hates me.....

" What was she saying?" Her mom whispered to herself.

She tried calling on Siddharth's mobile but his phone was switched off.

She panicks thinking if what her daughter said was true.

" Did he really left?"

A tear rolled down her cheeks.