11. A mess.

Chapter 11: A mess.

"Thank you." I tell Spencer, as I get down from his car.

"You're welcome." He replies.

"Have a nice night." I tell him before I enter my house.

The house is oddly quiet, so quiet that I can hear the curtains in the living room swaying and I was in the foyer. I walk to the living room and I find my parents cuddled up on the white sofa, sound asleep. The television was on but the sound had been muted.

I smile at the sight of them.

It was nice seeing them act like a couple. They always acted so formal around each other when people were watching. Turning on my heel, I head upstairs. I need to get to my bed. After I open the door to my room, I place my purse on the dresser. I squeeze my way out of my boots and jump on my bed.

My nose inhales the sharp smell of peppermint.

I roll over to the side of my bed and I pick up my Rubik's cube. I try to get the color combination for five minutes before I throw it at the wall in frustration. I just want my life to be normal.

But I guess normal is a setting on the dryer, I don't get normal.

***

I walk past the student lounge and I see a very happy Adam talking to a bunch of freshmen. I smile at the sight. I would have loved to go in there and patch things up with him right now, but I figured I'd let him be for now.

I'm finally back at school, the hallway still smells like dirty socks and cranberry juice.

But it's good to be back.

"Damn Mami, did that ass grow fatter in just two weeks?" A voice says behind me and I know it's that Handler asshole.

"What do you want, Chad?" I ask him in frustration.

"I just wanted to welcome you back after your two weeks of incarceration." He says, smiling at me.

"It was more like house arrest. I couldn't go anywhere." I tell him, trying to make him feel like he's making sense.

"Well, while you were gone, something juicy happened." He says, licking his lips as he rubs his palms together.

"How juicy?" I ask him.

"Very juicy with pulp even." He tells me.

"Oh, just spit it out already." I say, impatiently.

"Hannah and I are officially a thing." He says, smiling at me.

I burst into laughter.

I'm laughing so hard that I can hear my laughter echo down the halls.

"Y-you and Hannah." I say, chuckling.

"Why is it so hard to believe? I'm a total catch." He says, running his fingers through his brown hair.

"Yeah, of STIs." I say, laughing.

"Hey, it was one time." Chad says, trying to defend himself.

Chad got chlamydia when we were in the ninth grade because he had been messing around with a senior in our school at the time. It was a pretty funny experience because his mother is a doctor, so when he got sent to the emergency room, complaining about pain in a certain area, and the doctor on duty turned out to be his mother, she was not too pleased with the results.

Everyone at school heard about it and they all started calling him "Chadia".

Let's just say Chad doesn't date anyone from our school anymore, apart from Sasha Montgomery, his first official girlfriend.