the talk

el's pov
max and i arrived at my house, we both
walked into my room, and sat down. but
i needed to talk to her. "m-max we need to talk." i said anxiously

"about what?" max replied.

"well i need to sort out my emotions. uhm
figure them out."

"that's fine, go ahead, spill it." max said with a half smile.

"i like you max, i have for a long time, it's just
i don't know how to feel because i also like boys." i admitted as red filled her cheeks.

"well that's totally okay el, whatever you like is okay." max said, even though it was more than okay with her.

"r-really?" i said relieved.

"really." max said smiling.

"okay, now i feel better, wanna go to mike's house? i think we're on better terms now." i asked the redhead.

"yeah totally.." max tried to sound cheerful but in all honesty, she didn't want el near someone who hurt her so much.

i took max's hand and left the house with her.
it was fun and relaxing to ride on the back of her bike, i felt safer, happier.
we finally arrived at mike's house and knocked on the door.

"oh well hello el!" karen said to me.

"hi karen.." i said awkwardly, "is mike home?"

"yes, will is here too!"

"will?! alone with mike?" max and i said at the same time, our jaws dropped.

"yeah and lucas. come on in."

max and i laughed as we walked through the wheeler's house to the basement. i opened the door to see will and mike making out but i quickly shut it. i started to laugh and it quickly became uncontrollable.

"what? what's so funny el?" max asked me as i kept laughing.

"n-nothing we should just knock." i said as i stopped laughing and knocked on the basement door.

mike was the one to answer the knock, "uh hi el, hi max." he began awkwardly, "c-come in, come in." he finished, as he opened the door.

"thanks." max and i said in unison. we walked down the stairs to see will with messed up hair and clothes, "we can leave if you want." i offered.

"i mean if you wanna-" will was cut off by mike.

"no you can stay, it's no big deal, right will?"

"yeah totally no big deal.."

max looked over at me with suspicion, "what did you see when you opened the door the first time?" she mouthed.

"they were making out." i mouthed back.

max giggled but quickly stopped, "really?"

i nodded and sat down on the floor, max sat next to me. "so, what do you guys wanna do?"

lucas came out of the bathroom and sat down next to max and smirked at her. when i saw this i felt a weird feeling, not the good one i felt when i was around max.

"i heard that a new girl is coming to school! and she's our age!" lucas announced excitedly.

"a new girl? what's her name?" max questioned the boy.

"her name is rachel."

max knew that name, rachel is one of her exes from california, "r-rachel who?"

"rachel grey. what's the big deal?" lucas chuckled.

"holy shit. holy fucking shit!" max silently panicked.

"what's wrong max?" i hurried by her side and asked her.

"rachel grey is my ex!" max whispered to me.

i felt nauseous when i heard those words come out of max's mouth, "y-you dated her?"

"yes! i dated her!! and i fucking regret it so much!"

"i think i wanna go home." i said getting up slowly.

"why? is everything okay?" max asked me as i ran up the stairs. she quickly trailed behind me. "bye karen!" she said as she followed me through the front door. "e-el?" she called to me.

"what do i do if you get feelings for her again? what do i do max?" i stopped walking and nearly yelled.

"shh, what if the boys hear!" she replied.

"i don't care about the boys max, i only care about you." i admitted, i've been keeping that in for quite a while.

"w-what?" max said walking closer to me. "you only care about me?"

"answer my question."

"fine, i won't catch feelings for her because she was a total asshole. now answer my question."

"it doesn't need an answer." i said grabbing her bike, "let's go."

max got on her bike and i got on the back, i feel like the words i said will not pay off in the future, or anytime soon.

a/n: i changed my writing style cause that shit was wack, also, byler subplot?
word count: 770