Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

2• Jesse's Number is Going on the Jeep!

MAYBE I should've capped myself at 5 beers

MAYBE I should've capped myself at 5 beers. Or at least 7. But no, I didn't give myself a number and maybe that was a mistake. I was drunk off my mind and I would definitely be regretting my decisions tomorrow morning. But for now, I was on my 3rd game of beer pong. Of course, Zach and I were undefeated.

Usually, Hannah would be here to cap me at a certain amount of drinks. She also wouldn't ever let me participate in the beer pong tournaments. But since she wasn't here, she couldn't do anything about it. She wasn't here to tell me what I could and couldn't do.

Hannah didn't like when I got drunk. I wasn't a mean drunk, or at least not all of the time... I was more of a crazy drunk. A drunk that would do practically do anything no matter how stupid or careless. I would become one hell of a daredevil when I got drunk. And boy was I close.

"WOOOO!" Zach screamed, high-fiving me after I hit the winning shot. "We are the kinds of the world, Jesse! Kings of the motherfucking world!"

"Hell yeah, we are!" I agreed, pumping my fist in the air. "You know what? I'm thinking tonight is the night."

Zach raised his eyebrows at me. "Tonight is the night?"

I nodded and grinned evilly. I knew exactly what I was up to and quickly turned on my heel, running upstairs. Zach followed behind me as we ran up the steps and made our way to the top level of the house. We walked into my bedroom and opened the french doors that lead out to the balcony off of my room. I stepped up onto the rail and onto the top of my roof which looked right out to the pool.

Ever since I'd started throwing parties, I'd made it a goal to jump off of my roof and into the pool in my backyard. Hannah never let me do it when she came to parties. Something about me accidentally hurting myself and jeopardizing my starting position on the basketball team. I liked to think it was because she cared about my future when it came to basketball, but I'm pretty sure it was just because she liked the fact that she was dating the best player and captain of the basketball team.

Wow, the alcohol was really pulling deep shit out of my unconscious thoughts right now.

I unbuttoned my shirt and Zach rubbed his hands together, grinning up at me from the balcony. He wouldn't jump with me because the last time he had, he landed wrong and ended up doing a belly-flop. It was a big, big mistake. His chest was red and on fire for nearly an hour after the incident. I threw my shirt onto the balcony and looked down. A crowd had formed outside and was chanting my name.

Hannah wasn't here. I could do whatever the hell I wanted.

I motioned for everyone to cheer louder while I got myself ready. It was quite the jump, but I've wanted to do it for the longest time now. You bet I was gonna pull this shit off. So I took a few steps back before running and jumping. The lukewarm water embraced me, pulling me down the bottom of the pool. I shot up from the water, breathing in the crisp night air, the sound of cheering high schoolers surrounding me. I looked up towards Zach who was on the roof giving me a thumbs up.