-6-

I climb out of bed at around 11, not bothering to change out of pajamas yet, I don't have to be at the photoshoot until 1. I wonder if Jake is still asleep, I probably should have figured out what he's doing today, if he'll be staying at my apartment all day or what.

I head downstairs and am immediately hit with the smell of pancakes. No way this guy... I stand by the kitchen in surprise until he looks up from where he's making breakfast.

"Hey, good morning, I made breakfast. I didn't know if you were like saving the pancake mix or something but I can go out and buy more if-" he starts, I smile,

"No don't even worry about it!" I say, "thank you, you didn't have to make anything really."

"Oh come on it's the least I can do!" He laughs, I sit down at the island and grab a plate off the counter, digging into the pancakes. A few minutes later he sits down next to me and starts eating too.

"So what's your plan today?" I ask,

"I have a meeting with my agent in a few hours and I might pass my building and see if anyone is still hanging around." He says, "what time is your shoot?"

"It's at 1 but I'm gonna head out in a half hour so I get there early." I say, Jake nods,

"So tell me about it." He says,

"About what?"

"You're freelancing! What's it like, what do you do, where do you go?" He asks. I laugh, it's nice to have someone interested in what I'm up to.

"Well it depends, today I'm gonna go to this studio I rent a lot in SoHo, but sometimes I'll go to a clients location or something and take headshots, candids, staged photos, you get it." I say, Jake nods,

"That's pretty cool. Maybe you could take some photos of me." He poses dramatically, giving me a smoldering look, I laugh,

"I thought thats what you were trying to get away from." I say,

"It's different when you've got someone you know behind the camera." He says, I smile,

"Alright well I'm not cheap." I say, he laughs,

"I didn't think you would be." He winks at me. I laugh and get up, going to start cleaning some of the dishes.

"Hey, don't worry about that. You go get ready, I got it." He offers,

"Are you sure?" I ask, he nods, "Thanks Jake!" I say, rushing upstairs and changing quickly. I grab my camera bag and put it over my shoulder before returning downstairs to grab my keys.

"Alright, I'm gonna head out." I toss him a set of spare keys, "lock up before you go, if you're back before me those will get you in. If you end up going home for the night you can just give them back to me on Monday!" I say,

"Ok great, thanks!" Jake slips the keys in his pocket,

"No problem, bye!" I rush out the door, I'd ended up leaving later than I intended thanks to Jake's breakfast, but I was grateful nonetheless. I jumped on the metro and rode to SoHo, slipping into the reception office and signing into the studio I'd booked for the day. I set up everything before the clients arrived. It was a couple, today they were taking engagement photos. I'd set up the huge wide open studio to look very rustic, and the exposed brick pillars would make for some great setting, not to mention the windows lining the walls and flooding the whole floor with natural light. I spent a few hours with them taking photos and chatting and making sure everything was exactly how they hoped it would be.

At 5 o'clock I finished cleaning up the studio, the couple had left about an hour ago. I had made some pretty major cash off the session, engagement shoots were expensive. I checked my phone and saw a text from Jake.