10: Clary

I was sitting in my room, after dinner drawing in my sketchbook. Believe it or not, I was drawing a picture of Will. I know it's weird, but for some odd reason I wanted to draw him.

I was about halfway through my drawing when someone knocked on my door. It's probably Jace I thought, and I went to open my door. It wasn't Jace. It was Tessa, who had tears running down her face.

"Tessa, what happened?" I said immediately, while letting her into my room.

We sat down on my bed, and she said.

" I kissed Will, and I'm engaged to Jem."

Oh, I thought that really was something to cry about. I wished that I could tell her that she ends up with Will but I knew I couldn't.

"How?" I asked softly.

"I was in library and Will came, and somehow when I was about to leave we ending up kissing." Tessa says with another tear running down her face.

"How could I do that to Jem? I'm such a horrible person. Jem deserves way better than me." She says crying.

"Tessa it's okay it was a mistake. It's not like you wanted it to happen, it just happened unexpectedly." I say soothingly.

" But I did want it to happen." She says quietly. "That's just it, I did want it to happen."

"Do you have feelings for Will?" I ask quietly.

"Yes I do." Tessa says crying.

"You know." She starts containing herself again. "The day I got engaged to Jem, Will finally told me that he loved me, and I had to turn him down. Clary, I had to say that I didn't love him, but I love him so much." Tessa finishes full on sobbing by now.

"But I do love Jem as well. They say you cannot divide your heart, and somehow I suppose I have. Those two are my everything." Tessa whispers numbly.

"Will does not love me now though, that kiss was just an accident for him. But for me it was everything." She whispers.

No he does love you! my mind exclaims but I don't say it out loud. I felt so bad for Tessa, I couldn't even imagine how she felt right now.

"Tessa I'm sorry, I don't know what to say." I admit sadly.

It was true. I didn't know any possible way to console her. Her situation was terrible.

"No one can." Tessa says sadly.

Then I got a brilliant idea.

"Hey do you wanna go do something fun?" I ask

Tessa smiles a bit. "What will we do?"

"You'll see." I say and I grab her arm and pull her out of my room.