Chapter 6: Unrequited love

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Unrequited Love
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Pretend to be my girlfriend in front of her and text me every day as if you love me until she admits her faults herself." Again, Yoongi casually instructs you as if you're some sort of secretary to him or even worse, his slave.

Pretend to love you.

"So... You're going to use me?" You hesitate.

He tilts his head to the side before, "Yep. That's exactly what I'm doing." Your heart beats get a little faster as you lock eyes with him. "Using you."

You're hurt. Very hurt. You really thought he wanted to just see you but then again you also didn't. Why do your feelings always have to get in the way and not accept the fact that he can never love you?

"To find myself and my purpose."

What now? You goggle at him in a confused expression once again before he lets out a loveable chuckle, revealing his gummy smile.

"I'm going to get her to dump me so I can finally be free and actually find the one... Or maybe no one, who knows?"

You really don't know what to think anymore. Of course, you're happy that he finally is thinking of restarting his life and begin doing what he loves but the whole fiasco of you being his lover isn't something you were happy about.

"So how long do I have to keep up with the act?" You continue to ask him in a stern voice. You can't show him how weak you are, how hurt you were feeling.

"Hmm... I don't know, around two or three weeks?"  You raise both of your eyebrows at him now. "What? Is that too long for you? Can't you do this for your friend?" He grins again.

If Yoongi didn't own that smile of his and if it wasn't for your damned feelings for him, it would've been so much easier to say no. "Fine, I'll do it." You at last, give in. Hating yourself how easy it was for him to convince you.

"Great!" He calmly yet excitedly says as he stops leaning and both of you stand up to leave. You both begin to walk together back to your clinic.

"Thanks, Y/n," Yoongi smiles at you, genuinely. You blush as you hide eye-contact with him and look down on the ground as you carry on walking.

"Thank you for always being there for me, unlike my own sister!" You both giggle at that as you were both talking about Ariel being the nosy girl she is, she'd act like Yoongi's mother despite her being younger and way much more immature and childish.

You and Yoongi haven't talked or even laughed together in so long. You and Yoongi always shared a special relationship and everyone knew that. He was the boy back in school who once comforted you when you sat alone at the playground crying because your parents separated and Ariel would majority of the time spend her time either at sports clubs or detentions. Ever since then, Yoongi's been a superhero in your eyes because he was the first boy to ever have talked to you and stopped you from crying. That's why, you've always looked out for Yoongi, for whatever favour he needed because he was there for you in your difficult time when even Ariel couldn't be with you.
Somehow, everyone manages to see your deep feelings towards Yoongi, except Yoongi himself.

••••

"What?! You can't be serious!" Ariel exclaims over the phone as you tell her what deal you and her brother just had.

"Yep, my first fake relationship!" You sarcastically exclaim.

"That's the cruelest thing ever! You know, because of you, I've been holding on for so long but how does this blind idiot brother of mine, not see your love for him?" you can literally hear your best friend dramatically face-palm herself.