Part 37

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 25, Night

"Let's get you to bed," I stated as he sat up. He smiled at me and struggled to stand. Why didn't I ask Darren to help me!

I went to his side and had him wrap of arm over my neck. As soon as he stood up his weight caused my legs to go out. Weak ass Meghan.

I crumbled down to the ground with Lucas coming down atop of me. "Ah!" I exclaimed. I ended up on my back with Lucas luckily on his knees next to me. "I-I'm so sorry Meghan I really didn't mean to I-" He quickly came to my side clutching his stomach. I saw pain in his eyes. "Holy shit Lucas, don't apologize! It's not your fault I'm just weak." I said finally realizing that he felt like he must've hurt me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just try and walk I'll help you again." I stood up and brushed off my knees.

"Meghan it's really hard and I don't want to hurt you." Lucas said obviously angry with himself, I didn't know why he was angry but I understood his frustration. "Don't worry about me, my first priority is you."

Lucas froze and looked me in the eyes with such intensity I thought I'd burn. "I'm your first priority...?" He said with his lips twisting into a killer smirk. "Shut up." I said trying to hide my smile.

I heard a gasp behind me and I jumped in fright. Lucas's blues focused on someone behind me. I turned and saw Darcy and Michael hiding behind the doorframe. When they noticed me turning in their direction their small heads ducked out of sight.

I let out a small laugh as did Lucas. "You know we can still see you." I said chuckling and nealing down to eye level with Lucas. Lucas's hand went to my lower back and now I was the one to gasp. His touch was like fireworks on my skin.

"Okay, you caught us." Darcy said coming out from behind the door frame followed by Michael.

"But seriously Meghan. Shut up is a mean word, I mean it." Darcy yelled pointing a finger at me. I raised an eyebrow as Michael rolled his eyes.

"Lucas, you're here." Michael said changing the subject. "Yes, I thought I wouldn't make it against that wolf." Lucas said staring off into the distance while Darcy and Michael nodded with frowns planted on their lips.

My jaw dropped.

"What??" I yelled but was shushed by Darcy. "What happened out there." I said with a frown marring my mouth now too. Lucas chuckled grabbing my hand. "There was this wolf-" Lucas began but got interrupted. Darcy jumped into the middle of the small circle that we formed on the ground. "Then Lucas jumped onto the wolf and punched it to death! It was brilliant. He saved our lives and he told us to run! So me and Michael and-and ended up here but Lucas defeated the wolf and took victory!" She said animating the story with her hands, bright eyes gleaming and a solemn smile for sympathy.

"I'm just glad your all okay now." I said looking down. I was really scared this past week.

Everyone was silent. "Hey you guys..." Michael said gaining our attention.

"What about Edmond?"

I felt my body tense. "We can't just let him die out there." Michael said quietly. I have been thinking about this lately. Even for his wrongs I wouldn't let someone just die like that.

"Michael, it was a miracle that we found Lucas. It will be really hard to find Edmond. But I will get Darren to help me tomorrow. We'll find him." I promised.

"But he tried to kill you." Darcy said softly. "He's not a good man I think."

"Exactly. And whose Darren? Is it that man." Lucas asked with a scowl. Ignoring the first question I answered the second part to it. "Darren is a really nice man. He's letting us stay here for free..." I said. But I couldn't help but feel an anxious feeling inside.