Chapter Forty-One

There are moments that come in a lifetime where you are certain about a specific decision or instance you took part in. The insistence and pride in your mind is at its loudest when you have accompanied good into a situation.

However, there are also instances that you don't ever seem to recall. You try your hardest to remember as best as you possibly can, but even your own side of the memory becomes hazy after a while. You lose focus of all your certainties the exact moment you begin questioning them.

And that's what (Y/N) was doing.

Had her fight with Thanos actually happened? Did she really save the universe? Was she really as powerful as she was because of her origins or was there something much larger peeking in the distance?

She couldn't tell what was real anymore. Every interaction she'd had with the heroes seemed fake, almost planned. Even genuine conversations with Vision or the testing with Tony seemed too good to be true. Things had gone so well after Thanos' defeat.

And she still thought it wasn't even real to begin with.

To be as powerful as the greatest Titan all across the cosmos had seemed like such a possibility when she was on her home planet. Standing her ground and sticking up for her parents and her people as their murderer stood before her gave her a type of confidence she never knew she needed. But after her tests, experiments, and different lab theories with Tony, she couldn't comprehend why she'd felt so confident in the first place.

The lack of social interaction as well as diversity amongst surroundings definitely could've been the reason for her sudden curiosities and doubt. It was a bold factor, of course. Growing up and away from everything and everyone she ever loved created a void in her being that had never and could never be filled the same way again. Even all the kindness, security, and reassurance from the heroes made her feel strange and out of place. She hadn't had any of those things for an incredibly large portion of her life. To accept it and let it be was not in her nature. Instead, questioning it all and overthinking every situation became an obsession.

How could an entire new planet fill the void in her heart?

Simple.

It couldn't.